DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Skinned up. Skin by Decalgirl.

Looks good Red-Robbo, just had my skin delivered
the other day so looking forward to getting it on. ??

Having offered wraps for cars in my business a few years back there are 2 main reasons people were wrapping vehicles which then led to us wrapping countless different thing. First was advertising for your business or another business. Second was being different than “stock” or factory or like everyone else. It’s cheaper to change the color of a car or any item with vinyl, that a decent paint job and it’s not permanent. Also the prices for materials have dramatically dropped since years ago when there were many wrapping materials that were proven except the main 2 or 3 vinyl manufacturers, now it’s common for all vinyl “ sticker material “ companies to offer a good quality wrapping vinyl series line. And the price nook, WHY NOT? Why not make your drone look they way you always wanted for $20 ? hey if you don’t like it, just take it off

having done full vehicle wraps in the early 2000’s with standard vehicle vinyl ( not specialized wrapping films) I know what it takes to make a wrapped item look good, it does take time, patience and sometimes luck that the pc will adhere or stretch the way you want it, so there is also that self reward of having it come out the way you want or envisioned, and knowing that you did it yourself

does it add weight? Sure but so does paint. Does it restrict airflow? Nah unless a piece is starting to lift causing obvious change of shape to whatever is wrapped ( which nowadays is very rare with the current vinyls offered), is it cool? To be debated in everyone’s personal opinion. Once pricing dropped approx 5 years I noticed the trend in cars and car enthusiasts using wrapping to change color of cars to slightly dip as it became more common? Is it a product that is going away? NOPE, HERE TO STAY. cost, customability, and for most part easy removability once your done and bored with it, are why it’s here to stay. I realized also once NASCAR demonstrated that it’s easier and cheaper to use viny wraps vs paint that the product is here to stay

Reactions: davefabik
I think that one day, most of us will be getting a new drone! I am a traditionalist, and don't want to both with anything but concentrating on my drone, my flight plans, and getting it back safely. Visibility is not particularly helpful for me no matter what color after the drones goes a cotton distance. The strobe helps a lot. I am sticking with my dull, boring factory color.

ah ok! ?? A bright yellow Porsche would look strange. I preferre a red Ferrari ??
I had a red Porsche 911 for 10 years. I grew out of it after age 60. Now I have a nice living room sofa to ride (my Mercedes E350).

• Haha
Reactions: Sky Wombat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser