DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins that last

TescoBag

Reactions
Hi guys,

Looking to buy a skin for my Mavic. Something bright and easy to spot in the sky I think. The only issue is that looking on Amazon a lot of people say that most of them are pretty poor and don't last, start bubbling etc.

Anyone have recommendations for skins that have really lasted? I'm buying from the UK so from a UK site would be appreciated.

Reactions: MPDronePilot1
If cost is reasonable in the UK, iCarbon was the brand I chose for the brush aluminum wrap on my Mavic. I believe they also offer bright colors. The fitment of each piece was perfect and the material is genuine 3M Dinoc so no issues with adhesives.

IMG_1238.jpg

Last edited:
I just wrapped mine with this Lemoncino Yellow from DroneWrap Japan.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0278.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0308.JPG
    IMG_0308.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 251
Hi guys,
Looking to buy a skin for my Mavic. Something bright and easy to spot in the sky I think. The only issue is that looking on Amazon a lot of people say that most of them are pretty poor and don't last, start bubbling etc.
Anyone have recommendations for skins that have really lasted? I'm buying from the UK so from a UK site would be appreciated.

I don't know their shipping costs to the UK, but I'm very satisfied with this skin:
Mavic Skin – Taxi

Bird attacks have suddenly stopped when I put this on my Mavic, but I can't know if it's due to this skin or to the end of the mating season. I put this skin on circa one month ago, in mid August, when does the mating season for robins and pigeons end?

Reactions: Stride8
I don't know their shipping costs to the UK, but I'm very satisfied with this skin:
Mavic Skin – Taxi

Bird attacks have suddenly stopped when I put this on my Mavic, but I can't know if it's due to this skin or to the end of the mating season. I put this skin on circa one month ago, in mid August, when does the mating season for robins and pigeons end?
That's a nice one

Reactions: Vilco
I just wrapped mine with this Lemoncino Yellow from DroneWrap Japan.

Those drone wraps are incredible. They're not even super expensive so I think I might stretch for one. Do they add much weight wise?

Mavic Skin – Taxi

I love this so much.

Reactions: Vilco and JMF
Those drone wraps are incredible. They're not even super expensive so I think I might stretch for one. Do they add much weight wise?

I love this so much.

Thanks !

I thought they were expensive too, but the quality is amazing, check out their website.
And shipping from Japan was fast, got it in about one week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clinton1
Very expensive to order from the UK though :( They do seem the best ones however.

Does anyone use dronewrap? They look amazing but I saw on amazon that it started to come away a bit at the edges for one person after a couple of weeks.

I got mine from Dronewrap - the quality is amazing and you'll struggle to find a skin that covers more surface area of the Mavic. I would suggest that if a Dronewrap skin started to peel for someone after two weeks then they didnt apply it properly - they are super thin, very sticky and really easy to apply! They are pricey however and in my case I had to not only pay customs duties (customs duties on a vinyl sticker - what is the world coming to?) but also Royal Snail 'storage charges' of an additional £12.50 for them 'storing' it before it went through customs. Mines been on for around 6 months and looks as great as the day I put it on....highly recommended if you can get round the total cost.
98eae0548a0f6f3637cfc5d87711d8d7.jpg

I got mine from zapwrapz as they are based in U.K. Quality seems good so far, no peeling or bubbling anywhere
a4de52c1849d543bd8860086ec8753e7.jpg

24620f1ccf8a4cd2d6b16f81c763bdb5.jpg

Drone Wraps are expensive with shipping and customs duty but you do get what you pay for, I am so pleased with my decision to pay a little extra for mine. Looks and feels just like a car paint job. I used an American company for my p3 wrap and was very disappointed with the finish which looked just like a sticker, not going to mention the company but I often see them recommended.
9af9264a37527736d5e4cdcc33224318.jpg

Drone Wraps are expensive with shipping and customs duty but you do get what you pay for, I am so pleased with my decision to pay a little extra for mine. Looks and feels just like a car paint job. I used an American company for my p3 wrap and was very disappointed with the finish which looked just like a sticker, not going to mention the company but I often see them recommended.
9af9264a37527736d5e4cdcc33224318.jpg

cool music there, talking about the 2nd video with the mavic hovering

This is the skin that I purchased:
iCarbons Orange Carbon Fiber Skin Wrap for DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Kit including Numbered Batteries Battery from Amazon USA for $49.95! They are a very bright orange and have a "fiber carbon" look and are made from Genuine 3M Di-Noc for extreme scratch protection, Approx. 8 Mils thick.
I lost my Mavic last week in a "jungle" of trees, shrubs, etc. If I would have installed the iCarbons I could probably find it!

Reactions: L.L.
Mine is from Decal Girl and it seems to be lasting OK.
25148b8b9357ad91d76e8eb3e23c9e63.jpg

0fb70375a339d45ad80982c76dd90a09.jpg

Reactions: SharkBait and JMF
I love my neon lime decalgirls skin. Take your time applying it, and it will not come off.

IMG_4051.JPG
If cost is reasonable in the UK, iCarbon was the brand I chose for the brush aluminum wrap on my Mavic. I believe they also offer bright colors. The fitment of each piece was perfect and the material is genuine 3M Dinoc so no issues with adhesives.

View attachment 22193
i agree 3m is about the best material to use for a wrap,it costs more but you pay for what you get

Last edited:
Reactions: JMF
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun