DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skydio 2 - pre-orders open at $999 US Only so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaz911

Reactions
Skydio launched their "pre-orders" - $999 for drone - $149 for "Beacon controller" $149 for long range controller.

Well I put in an pre-order as I had just gotten the monies back from my Hover 2 pledge.

So I guess my Mavic 2 p will come up for sale soon. :)

It does look interesting and I'd love to see someone give DJI a run for its money but I don't think I'd trade a M2P for a drone with a far inferior camera (main camera, anyway).

test of camera quality vs DJI Mavic incl M2P

i'm not affiliated with neither Skydio or the producers of the above report - but I do work (professionally) with high res images for a living.

Resolution is not all and M2P camera is good - but not great. So if Skydio have done it right - they can easily be close to or rival M2p in image quality.

I preordered cause I’m bored. Looks like DJI is noticing. They’ve removed 2 topics on this bird on their forums.

Can't blame them for that.

no - removing threads is petty.

The right "business way" would be for a manager to post something like "We are happy about the extra competition - but please keep comments sober"

That would have shown DJI is not scared.. But now they just look like they really fear Skydio's competition.

IHMO - DJI makes (some) great stuff - but they make their products like they are $200-800,- android phones.

1. Ship buggy Product 1
2. correct (many/most) bugs-
3. Forget features promised for Product 1 at launch
4. Ship buggy Product 2 with the features promised for Product 1
5. then completely forget Product 1.

Last years release was very promising. I want to see this wrung out a bit more before I drops me monies....
Now, if they could just put the skydio electronics/processing/mapping in a Mavic,

THERE YA GO!!!!

Tiny camera 12mp Sony cmos 1/2.3 sensor? I'm guessing Sony imx477 (from 2016).
I like the 100mbit 4k 60fps, but some of us need more dynamic range out of a 2019/2020 offering. Then again this is targeted at pilots who can't be bothered to be pilots.

Tiny camera 12mp Sony cmos 1/2.3 sensor? I'm guessing Sony imx477 (from 2016).
I like the 100mbit 4k 60fps, but some of us need more dynamic range out of a 2019/2020 offering. Then again this is targeted at pilots who can't be bothered to be pilots.

It is Sony IMX577 - so same as DJI Action Cam

But to be honest - I would love if DJI would throw some love at the M2p camera quality. It should be more capable - at least theoretically. :)

It is Sony IMX577 - so same as DJI Action Cam
OH sweet Dec 2018 tech. Honestly seems to be an imx477 with a firmware update, but at least it isn't something we've seen before in a drone currently on the market!
Still less dynamic range than the Mavic 2 pro, but, I'll definitely be downloading videos this thing kicks out to see if I can now get the hell away from shady state sponsored DJI finally.

How does this conform to the VLOS rule when it flies itself and you don't monitor it while it's flying?
I don't know if I could trust my money like that.

Micro 2/3 chip set and I didn't see any night shots . . . won't work for me. I just don't see any manufacture (in the near future) developing anything close to OcuSync 2.0 . . . EDIT: I would like to see DJI develop something like the Skydio Beacon. A hand held remote will add another dimension to their arsenal and creativity to the content creator.

Micro 2/3 chip set and I didn't see any night shots . . . won't work for me. I just don't see any manufacture (in the near future) developing anything close to OcuSync 2.0 . . . EDIT: I would like to see DJI develop something like the Skydio Beacon. A hand held remote will add another dimension to their arsenal and creativity to the content creator.
While I completely agree with you, I’m personally not looking for a replacement for my M2P. For me this is just something different, and honestly having looked at some camera comparisons this thing holds up better then expected. It’ll be a pricey novelty at first glance, but just maybe it’ll be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters