DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SKYDIO X2! All the technology of Skydio in one compact business machine!

Cyber3xpert

Reactions
Skydio has just announced a new drone for enterprise purposes. It's called the Skydio X2, and man, does it pack a punch! It's got a dual-camera system on the three-axis gimbal, with one of them being a FLIR for night flight. The gimbal can rotate a full 180 degrees vertically.

Another feature is the 360-degree view option, which the drone meshes together the feeds from all seven onboard cameras into one big view with the possibility of 100X digital zoom. It also folds up like a Mavic and has a 35-minute flight time.

You have the option to buy the dedicated controller (pictured below) with a built-in viewing screen and a range of up to 6.2 KM or about 3.9 MI.

As for aesthetics, it appears to be made for better performance than looks. Another big part of that is, fewer cosmetics means less weight.

Overall, I think it'll be a worthy rival of the M2ED! What do you all think about it?

Here's the link:
Skydio X2 -- Skydio, Inc.
1594670476577.png

1594670500906.png

I wouldn't be too sure it's even in the same class as the M2ED - the Autel Evo II Dual, for example, checks in just shy of $10K for the "Rugged" kit, compared to the M2ED at $3900 for pretty close to the same package (spare props, three batteries, et cetera.)

Well, do take into consideration the incredible technology included (AI, situational awareness, special 3-D auto-scans...). But yes, 10K is a bit steep for your average business...

I wouldn't be too sure it's even in the same class as the M2ED - the Autel Evo II Dual, for example, checks in just shy of $10K for the "Rugged" kit, compared to the M2ED at $3900 for pretty close to the same package (spare props, three batteries, et cetera.)
The biggest driver of that large price tag on the Autel is the much higher resolution FLIR sensor

M2ED- 160×120

Skydio X2 - 320x256 (4x resolution than M2ED)

Evo II dual-640x512 (8x higher resolution than M2ED, 4x higher resolution than Skydio)

Skydio should be priced to closer to M2ED than Evo II dual.

Reactions: pelagic_one
The biggest driver of that large price tag on the Autel is the much higher resolution FLIR sensor

Like I said - I'm not sure I'd put them in the same class.

Like I said - I'm not sure I'd put them in the same class.
I wasn’t disagreeing with you I was adding to what you said. Though I bet it ends up being in a similar price range to the DJI.

M2ED still has the integrated accessories like the loud speaker and the spot light. That adds some versatility to the equation

Reactions: Cyber3xpert
Amazing! Each of the two front motors is a 3-prop setup, Each the two rear motors are 2-prop setup.

Anyone else notice this?

I stand corrected, it depends on the picture you look at, one looks like it is two & three but the other shows three & three.
Hello Cyborg,

Thats what I originally seen, 3-prop on front 2-prop at rear. Then watched the video again, all four motors had 3-prop setup during lift off.

From my experience with 3-prop on my Mavic 2 Pro, it is quieter but motors run hotter. I’m sure Skydio has this worked out, keep X2 as quiet as possible.

Going to be exciting days ahead, Skydio X2 looks impressive.

Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123