DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skyreat holder

Wick

Reactions
Ok so I got my MA2 today and my brother gave me his “sky reat” iPad holder that fits under his controller for his Mavic 1. When I try it on my MA2 controller it seems flimsy. I assuming it’s because the ipad 7th gen is bigger/heavier than the mini. Is there a better holder out there?

31F23258-BEBF-4344-A226-C4980445B55F.jpeg

The amount of different tablet holders is to numerous to list, why not try Google and You Tube searches to see if anything catches your eye.

Is there a better holder out there?
I’ve used the SKYREAT mount on my Mavic Mini with iPad Mini 4. I once tried mounting and flying with my larger iPad Pro (11inch)...once. It felt too flimsy to secure the weight. Then I learned from the forum that the iPad Mini 4 actually fit in the MM RC arms without a mount, so the SKYREAT was stored away.

So if I had to purchase a new, more solid mount for my MA2 (or previous Mavics), I would go with a MavMount, which I’ve seen (and held) on our nearby flying parks: MavMount 3.0 Tablet Mount Adapter Archives | Mavmount brand DJI Mavic Air 2, mavic Mini, Mavic 2, DJI Mavic Pro, Spark, AIR iPad Tablet Adapter
53FDA4A8-01F3-41D4-8AA7-D833F062D614.jpeg

Reactions: Wick
I’ve used the SKYREAT mount on my Mavic Mini with iPad Mini 4. I once tried mounting and flying with my larger iPad Pro (11inch)...once. It felt too flimsy to secure the weight. Then I learned from the forum that the iPad Mini 4 actually fit in the MM RC arms without a mount, so the SKYREAT was stored away.

So if I had to purchase a new, more solid mount for my MA2 (or previous Mavics), I would go with a MavMount, which I’ve seen (and held) on our nearby flying parks: MavMount 3.0 Tablet Mount Adapter Archives | Mavmount brand DJI Mavic Air 2, mavic Mini, Mavic 2, DJI Mavic Pro, Spark, AIR iPad Tablet Adapter
View attachment 103755

126666"]
Ok so I got my MA2 today and my brother gave me his “sky reat” iPad holder that fits under his controller for his Mavic 1. When I try it on my MA2 controller it seems flimsy. I assuming it’s because the ipad 7th gen is bigger/heavier than the mini. Is there a better holder out there?

View attachment 103722
[/QUOTE]
I am using Polar Pro Flight Deck in MA2. Works very well and stores flat in a backpack. The adjustments allow you to place your devise where you want it and you can attach a lanyard. Good set up.

Reactions: pelagic_one
126666"]

View attachment 103722
I am using Polar Pro Flight Deck in MA2. Works very well and stores flat in a backpack. The adjustments allow you to place your devise where you want it and you can attach a lanyard. Good set up.
[/QUOTE]

Ordered it last night from amazon.

Thanks

I’m biased but PP Flightdeck is the one for me. The only thing that’s some people don’t like is it’s weight but if you adjust it and balance it...it’s very solid and the finish is fantastic

View attachment 103722

Try this, I used a piece foam that came in the MA2 Flymore packaging for the batteries, it makes the mount very stable.

232f38828abe7910077323a33ea1b6cc.jpg

Reactions: Wick

View attachment 103722

I have one on the way from MavMount.
Their mounts look great.

I HAVE THAT MOUNT. WORKS GOOD WITH MY 10" TABLET.
I ordered the Miss Chrissy Co. mount and it came in today. Very simple and very sturdy....even though there is hardly anything to it. Better balance and lighter weight than the Skyreat that I was using. Very happy with the mount and the lanyard device that they sell in conjunction with the mount. I am using a iPad Mini...great viewing angle and it feels just right with lanyard attachment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Draydur
looking at the new controller layout on the MA2 i am not sure how well the constant up and down movement of the antennas to clamp the device, is going to fare over time ,i hope the wires are well protected in the sliding parts of the antennas i guess they are similar to the wires on the drone where the arms fold in and out, for me ,I fly a lot in very mountainous areas and like that i can alter the antennas on the mavics RC when i am flying down in a valley and still have the RC at an angle to see the screen ,with the new setup in order for the antennas to be pointing at the drone, i would have to point the RC down ,which would compromise my view of my device

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll