DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skyreat Osmo Action filter set, initial thoughts.

fozzzy

Reactions
I’ve had the Skyrest Osmo Action filter set for a couple of weeks now so thought I’d put up my initial thoughts Firstly the packaging, Skyreat have definitely upped their game in this department with the filters now coming in a case similar to that of more expensive brands, albeit without magnetic closures or rubberised filter holders, a simple foam block with cut-outs been used for the latter. There are several filter sets available from Skyreat, I decided on the six filter set combining an ND8, 16,32,64, 1000 and an adjustable polarising filter, figuring this would allow me the freedom I needed when shooting stills or video. So far the filters have been great, a quick easy way to get your shutter speed down for either super smooth video or long exposure photography using the nd1000 (still to try that one out). These are the fourth set of Sykreat filters for me, having used them on the Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo pocket and now the action and the quality has improved a lot over the last year or so. The coating on the filters works perfectly and I’ve seen no colourcast so far in this or any of the previous sets tested , so non of the weird colour casts to worry about. The fitment is perfect with silky threads once I finally managed to get the DJI lens cover off, that was no easy task and required a ridiculous amount of force to get off. I’ve yet to try the filters underwater to test waterproofing but I’m struggling to see when an ND filter like ever be used in that scenario so maybe I’ll not bother. The cpl does an impressive job of removing reflection but as my Action is spending almost all of its life stuck on the mountain bike getting thrown around it will only be coming out on the odd occasion. So the Skyreat filters fall in the middle price bracket of what’s currently available for the Action and all things DJI, half the price of some, twice the price of others but not compromising on the quality of the optics used in production. For me they make perfect sense, ok the packaging is improved but not the best out there but it’s what’s inside the box that counts right? Super quality excellent fitment and easy to use (If you can get the DJI lens cover off in the first place [emoji23][emoji23]). On a final note just be aware the performance of Rock Steady isn't brilliant once the shutter speed is drastically reduced, I presume DJI are using the high frame rates during the process. So would I recommend The Skyreat filters for the new Action, absolutely, great price and performance. 20190608_134952-COLLAGE.jpeg

Reactions: Chip and ff22
I’ve had the Skyrest Osmo Action filter set for a couple of weeks now so thought I’d put up my initial thoughts Firstly the packaging, Skyreat have definitely upped their game in this department with the filters now coming in a case similar to that of more expensive brands, albeit without magnetic closures or rubberised filter holders, a simple foam block with cut-outs been used for the latter. There are several filter sets available from Skyreat, I decided on the six filter set combining an ND8, 16,32,64, 1000 and an adjustable polarising filter, figuring this would allow me the freedom I needed when shooting stills or video. So far the filters have been great, a quick easy way to get your shutter speed down for either super smooth video or long exposure photography using the nd1000 (still to try that one out). These are the fourth set of Sykreat filters for me, having used them on the Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo pocket and now the action and the quality has improved a lot over the last year or so. The coating on the filters works perfectly and I’ve seen no colourcast so far in this or any of the previous sets tested , so non of the weird colour casts to worry about. The fitment is perfect with silky threads once I finally managed to get the DJI lens cover off, that was no easy task and required a ridiculous amount of force to get off. I’ve yet to try the filters underwater to test waterproofing but I’m struggling to see when an ND filter like ever be used in that scenario so maybe I’ll not bother. The cpl does an impressive job of removing reflection but as my Action is spending almost all of its life stuck on the mountain bike getting thrown around it will only be coming out on the odd occasion. So the Skyreat filters fall in the middle price bracket of what’s currently available for the Action and all things DJI, half the price of some, twice the price of others but not compromising on the quality of the optics used in production. For me they make perfect sense, ok the packaging is improved but not the best out there but it’s what’s inside the box that counts right? Super quality excellent fitment and easy to use (If you can get the DJI lens cover off in the first place [emoji23][emoji23]). On a final note just be aware the performance of Rock Steady isn't brilliant once the shutter speed is drastically reduced, I presume DJI are using the high frame rates during the process. So would I recommend The Skyreat filters for the new Action, absolutely, great price and performance. View attachment 74835

I agree with you. I’m running their ND16 in the Arizona sun. The fit and finish is great!

Reactions: fozzzy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000