DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slight resistance/clicking on one of the motors

NAZty

Reactions
Not sure if this will make sense without a video but one of the motors on my MM has slight resistance when manually rotating it with my hand. It’s as if it’s clicking as I am turning it.

I only noticed this today when I was inspecting the props.

All the other motors also have a slight resistance but not like the one I am referring to.

Is it normal or something I should report? Only had it 1 week.

Not sure if this will make sense without a video but one of the motors on my MM has slight resistance when manually rotating it with my hand. It’s as if it’s clicking as I am turning it.

I only noticed this today when I was inspecting the props.

All the other motors also have a slight resistance but not like the one I am referring to.

Is it normal or something I should report? Only had it 1 week.
check to see if something has got into it ,and if any of the magnets have come loose

check to see if something has got into it ,and if any of the magnets have come loose

Thanks for the reply.

Had a look and can’t see anything inside it and magnets look ok too.

I’ve tried to take a video to show the level of resistance but appreciate it’s something you need to feel rather than see.

there will be some resistance from the magnets as you try to turn it this is normal,i know its awkward to spin the motors on the MM due to the props being on ,as long as they all sound similar when the drone is running you should be fine also after a flight feel if one of them is hotter than the others that can point to the bearings

there will be some resistance from the magnets as you try to turn it this is normal,i know its awkward to spin the motors on the MM due to the props being on ,as long as they all sound similar when the drone is running you should be fine also after a flight feel if one of them is hotter than the others that can point to the bearings

Ok that’s good to know. It seemed to fly fine today when I tried it in the garden but I didn’t check the sound or the heat after. I was just trying to see how stable it was and it seemed fine. Only concerned as I know it’s “fragile” due to its size and it’s my first drone.

I’ll check out what you suggested tomorrow.

Thanks again for your time and help :)

Reactions: old man mavic
I went ahead and tested this just now indoors (patience is not a virtue of mine lol) and all looks good!

I can’t hear anything out of the ordinary. I let it hover for around 10 mins, flew back and forth in a straight line a few times, landed and checked the motor in question and it was the same temperature as the rest. It takes off straight and is stable so guessing it’s passed the test :)

I went ahead and tested this just now indoors (patience is not a virtue of mine lol) and all looks good!

I can’t hear anything out of the ordinary. I let it hover for around 10 mins, flew back and forth in a straight line a few times, landed and checked the motor in question and it was the same temperature as the rest. It takes off straight and is stable so guessing it’s passed the test :)
Hi there. Just reading your post. I am a new MM2 owner and just noticed this exact problem with one of my rotors. In fact, I only found it upon inspection after trying to take off and getting an error message. Finally, it took off and seemed to fly just fine, but now I'm worried about the extra resistance in that particular propeller. How did it turn out for you?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+