DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slightly blurred video vision but tack sharp when paused

Piros

Reactions
The still vision is tack sharp at pause but when I play in Final cut it's slightly blurred. I'm running the following settings:-
Bright sunny day using 4ND
White Balance set Sunny
4k at 3840 x 2160 , 25p in Pal same result in 30p NTSC
Style settings -2 , -1 , -1 same result -2,-2,-2
50 Hz I live in Australia and run Mac
D-Cinelike and won't resharpen in post. Colour grades fine
Same result with aperture in Auto or Manual
Same result DJI Go 3 & 4 App
Auto focus AE lock off
Peak focus at 90%
it's fine in Auto settings plays back perfectly

Any advice appreciated.Thanks Rob

Last edited:
Have you try output a video and check if it's still blurred?
I've got the same problem as yours. but it only blur in the preview but stay sharp in the final output.
I think this is normal since the CPU lacks the power to do real time transcoding from previews thumbnail video to 4K.

Reactions: Piros
I'll give it a try that but I have a super powerful Mac Pro with a 20TB hard drive which FCPX runs through , plus I have full pro 4k cams and there is no issue with those. Never an issue with the 4k Insipre

Last edited:
Boom it worked. Thanks Eric , strange though would love to know why the play back is blurred must be something in the camera encoding ?????????

Assumed your pro 4K cam is recording RAW movie format right?

Mavic pro records H.264 which is a compressed file isn't really an editable format, it will needs to be decompressed for edit, also resized for the screen resolution while you preview in full screen.

Some software may do that in real time but Final Cut Pro choose not to do that by default, to keep the CPU usage low.

You can also try this:

Final Cut Pro provides tools to let you manage the visual quality and playback performance in the viewer, including the potential tradeoff between frame size and performance, and the choice of using original, optimized, or proxy media.

Set playback quality
  • Click the View pop-up menu in the upper-right corner of the viewer, then choose an option in the Quality section:
    • Better Quality: Choose this option to display full-resolution video frames in the viewer. This setting may decrease playback performance for high-quality, large-frame-size video.

• Better Performance: Choose this option to display video in the viewer at reduced resolution. Decreasing the size of the media maintains playback performance even for very large media files.

Yup, perfectly normal FCPX behavior, and configurable. I prefer responsiveness to resolution while editing but can understand why others might feel differently.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC