DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow drifting on latest versions?

kaitlyn

Reactions
I was flying on New Zealand + Australia and yesterday was the first time flying since I got home to Canada.

It was a very light breeze so the mavic was plenty stable, but when hovering it would slowly and consistently drift. Wouldn't the GPS keep it locked or at least cause it to drift back if it went too far?

This isn't a massive problem, but anything I can do to address it?

Reactions: ZoMBiE*Je5uS
Wouldn't the GPS keep it locked or at least cause it to drift back if it went too far?
Unless it was flying in ATTI mode or the wind was too strong, it should have hovered in place.

Unless it was flying in ATTI mode or the wind was too strong, it should have hovered in place.

Definitely was VERY light wind. And it was open field, 99% sure it had a plenty strong GPS. It was stable, but drifted slowly...

Moving that far is one of the few situations that could warrant a compass cal.

Definitely was VERY light wind. And it was open field, 99% sure it had a plenty strong GPS. It was stable, but drifted slowly...
Was it dark or dimly lit? I've seen some slight drifting in these conditions but outside of that it should've been very locked in.

Did you check out your flight log to see if the data explains what happened? If not, you can upload your flight log and view it online here.

If it is always drifting the same direction you may need to do a stick calibration.

Had same issue today in Southern California- not only bizarre drift but also altitude change on another flight without touching sticks. My 2nd flight was definitely low light after trying IMU calibration. Never seemed to have these issues in the past. I did just update to latest version of DJI Go 4 app running on iPhone 6s Plus. Also checked flight log but not entirely sure how to read or upload. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61