DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow Motion and timelapse with Osmo Pocket

this footage doesn't seem to have much of the walking bounce other handheld gimbals have.

Is it difficult to view the scene through that tiny monitor?

Not many people walking toward you seem to notice you have a camera. It may be that those who do wonder if you are a talent scout, then wonder if they have any talent to scout.

Overall, how do you like it?

This video is like street photography without the obvious presence of a larger mirror less, or dslr camera

Reactions: Helmert Decavele
Its funny you mention that as strangely the Osmo Pocket does not have stabilization on the Z Axis (that being the up and down motion that is normally attributed to walking) . Walking up and down steps ,etc.

There is a solution for a fully Stabilized Osmo Pocket though.

If and when I get one I will be 3 D printing the adapter that was developed and using it.

Reactions: Helmert Decavele
Its funny you mention that as strangely the Osmo Pocket does not have stabilization on the Z Axis (that being the up and down motion that is normally attributed to walking) . Walking up and down steps ,etc.

There is a solution for a fully Stabilized Osmo Pocket though.

If and when I get one I will be 3 D printing the adapter that was developed and using it.
I watched Ken's video.
To me the Z axis stabilizer defeats the purpose of it's compactness.
Did you notice much bounce in the OP's video?
I watched it a second time, and see more bounce in the walk of those caught on camera. That bounce is different from the handhelds I have used.

It does defeat the compact aspect of the Osmo Pocket for sure. That Z Axis stabilizer would be used in specific scenarios and not all the time. Having the right tool for the job.

I did not notice much bounce and if there was quite a bit in the video an After Effects Warp Stabilizer would produce similar results to the video posted.

@Drone on
it has a little bit, but not that much in slow motion or fast forward, in normal mode, you see it.
I put the screen in full size, it is small but workable. And people don't notice it even if I have it in my hand, would even be more unnoticed if I mount it on a backpack

To conclude I like it a lot

A pocket clip so that you can clip it onto your pocket would be sweet for that stealth look.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark