DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow motion with MA?

Stormboy

Reactions
I want to take slow motion videos on my MA. I understand that you set camera settings to 1080x120. When I download the taken video to my Mac, will the video reply be playing in slow motion, or is there something that needs to be done further on my Mac. Thank you

You will need to slow your footage down in whatever video editing software you use.

I want to take slow motion videos on my MA. I understand that you set camera settings to 1080x120. When I download the taken video to my Mac, will the video reply be playing in slow motion, or is there something that needs to be done further on my Mac. Thank

I have an MA and when I take a video using 120 shutter speed which is only possible in 1080 res. all videos are played back on my PC on slow motion I dont have to make any adjustments

I have an MA and when I take a video using 120 shutter speed which is only possible in 1080 res. all videos are played back on my PC on slow motion I dont have to make any adjustments
That’s good to know and is what my question initially was all about. I have a Mac so I “assume”, dangerous word, it will run in slow mo as well. I wonder what the default speed is?
What program on your pc do videos work on?

As for editing videos I use Adobe Premiere Pro and to play videos on my PC I found out the the best is VLC Media Player for any resolution specially 4K, my PC has good RAM memory and Graphic Card and all that specific designed to PlayGames but I was getting freezes when playing 4K, now not anymore with VLC Media Player.

Also you can speed up the slow motion on time remapping using Adobe Premiere Pro on post production

I want to take slow motion videos on my MA. I understand that you set camera settings to 1080x120. When I download the taken video to my Mac, will the video reply be playing in slow motion, or is there something that needs to be done further on my Mac. Thank you
yes but it is even better camera settings to 1080x120.
+ tripod mode I have just done smooth rolling waves ,beach vid looks smooth and creamy slow waves am well pleased

I'm fairly sure some editing software (Premier Pro) will match the timeline to the frame rate of the first clip you drop in.
If you set the timeline to 30fps first, when you drop the 120fps clip in, it will play back at 1/4 speed. I'm no expert but I think that's how it works.

Reactions: GarthH
GarthH - If you record ad 4k/24fps and try to slow down the video will probably be jumpy since you don't have any frames to lose to keep it smooth. There may be some plugins that can help to smooth out the video though.

Reactions: GarthH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett