DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow SD Card Message with fast SD card

DeeX

Reactions
I just got a Mavic 2 Pro (Had a P3P before).
I am using a Samsung Pro + SD card.
It has a 90MB/s write speed, and yes it is a legit SD card (got it from Best Buy).
I get a message stating my SD card is too slow. Ok so one might think maybe the card is bunk, I tried another identical card that I use in my phone and the exact message showed up.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I just got a Mavic 2 Pro (Had a P3P before).
I am using a Samsung Pro + SD card.
It has a 90MB/s write speed, and yes it is a legit SD card (got it from Best Buy).
I get a message stating my SD card is too slow. Ok so one might think maybe the card is bunk, I tried another identical card that I use in my phone and the exact message showed up.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
The card must be able to handle up to 100 MB/s as the M2 writes at that speed at 4K. It also must be a U3. Your card is not up to those specs.

The card must be able to handle up to 100 MB/s as the M2 writes at that speed at 4K. It also must be a U3. Your card is not up to those specs.
The Mavic 2 is able to write data at a maximum of 100 Mbps (or 12.5 MB/s).
That megabits per second not megabytes per second.
Most cards do not write at 100 Megabytes per second even high-end ones.
For example, the Sandisk extreme cards mostly do 90MB/s the high-end Sammy ones also are doing 90MB/s.
These cards should work

Reactions: davidarmenb
Surely someone here is using a Samsung Pro plus. Its a fairly popular card. I have been using mainly Samsung cards for 5 years now, on my drones, on my phones, etc. I have yet to get a bunk or failed card. I will be benching the card soon to see what I get.

Surely someone here is using a Samsung Pro plus. Its a fairly popular card. I have been using mainly Samsung cards for 5 years now, on my drones, on my phones, etc. I have yet to get a bunk or failed card. I will be benching the card soon to see what I get.
Just order one from my post and be done with it already! I promise you, This card works! Has been proven for mavic air and M2!!!

Super odd. The SD card benches higher than the internal memory.
Just order one from my post and be done with it already! I promise you, This card works! Has been proven for mavic air and M2!!!
Lol, it's a conspiracy, DJi and Sandisk working together. Ok ok I'll order.

Reactions: TR Ganey
Super odd. The SD card benches higher than the internal memory.

Lol, it's a conspiracy, DJi and Sandisk working together. Ok ok I'll order.
Maybe! The card works and that is what matters right?

If you’re the same DeeX I think you are, have you tried using liquid metal and over clocking it? ;)

The card might not report it's U3 even if it is. You can just ignore the message if it works...

The card might not report it's U3 even if it is. You can just ignore the message if it works...
Perhaps... this seems to be some Firmware thing because I have tried now 3 very fast Samsung cards and all do the same.
Back in May, there were people using some Samsung cards for months and all of a sudden after the update it started doing that to their cards.
Seems odd..

Interesting. I will need to try my Samsung card after the update. I have been using my Delkin Devices card.

Last edited:

I use the Evo and works great

Just received my Samsung Evo Plus 128GB today, tested it and so far works OK.
To the horror of most of you in the US, I got one made for Chinese market (/CN at the end of model code (Europe has /EU, US has /AM)
Formated it, took some photos, recorded a video, downloaded everything to my PC, formated again without any issues.

There are many things that can affect read/write speeds of a card (loose contacts in card slot, bad solders, even dust)
On the other hand, if DJI wants you to use a specific card manufacturer, they are able to lock all others out through firmware
Fortunately, that is not the case, yet, and it probably never will be.

I've used many sd cards over the years for various applications and I'm pleasantly surprised with Samsung Evo series
Best bang for the buck
Price of 128GB was the same as 64GB from SanDisk

Many people mix MB and Mb
Mavic 2 bitrate is 100Mbps which is 12.5MB/s as stated many times before so we should be able to use even a bit older cards but we just can't
Samsung Evo Plus has 90MB/s write speed which is the same as the SanDisk Extreme Pro V30
170MB/s read capability of SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 in not important in this case and is relevant only when downloading your footage from card to PC/MAC

If 3 od the Samsung Pro + cards are not working, I would like to try brand and model before buying, maybe problem lies somewhere else

Reactions: Bobby Brown
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55