DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small crash, damaged gimble

SMI

Reactions
Hi all, new to the forums and first post is a bad one !

I managed to crash my mavic, and broke the gimbal damping board.

View media item 1526
View media item 1525
I'm heading away on a weeks holiday on Tuesday and was hoping to take the mavic so I decided to have a go repairing myself. All went well with replacing the part, but unfortunately my gimble still won't work, during calibration it will move left/right but not up/down so calibration always fails. I assume there's obviously more damage to cables or motors. I guess it won't be coming on holiday with me :(

I've re-checked all the connectors and still no joy .. has anyone any other suggestions I could try ?

Last edited:
Hi all, new to the forums and first post is a bad one !

I managed to crash my mavic, and broke the gimbal damping board.

View media item 1526
View media item 1525
I'm heading away on a weeks holiday on Tuesday and was hoping to take the mavic so I decided to have a go repairing myself. All went well with replacing the part, but unfortunately my gimble still won't work, during calibration it will move left/right but not up/down so calibration always fails. I assume there's obviously more damage to cables or motors. I guess it won't be coming on holiday with me :(

I've re-checked all the connectors and still no joy .. has anyone any other suggestions I could try ?
Do you have video? Anything hard enough to damage the vibration plate or the gimbal mount is likely to have damaged the ribbon cable. Did you replace it?

There's a video in my post, it ran into a wall and fell from about 3 feet.

My local supplier didn't have the ribbon in stock, only the vibration plate and I knew I wouldn't get one online quick enough so I went ahead and replaced the plate. The ribbon don't appear damaged but I guess maybe they could be.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143