DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small crash, gimbal facing backwards

Lzydakid

Reactions
Had a crash into tree branches from about 6 feet off the ground. Propellers got trashed. Thought everything was good but next flight the gimbal is now facing backwards. Still get feed on the app but the camera just rotates front then backwards again. I'll attach a video if I can figure out how. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1584490136662341477469103931628.jpg
    1584490136662341477469103931628.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
M1P gimbal is a bit prone to damage in crashes, just a little more I feel than some other DJI drones.
I had a small crash early on with mine, ended up needed in a new camera / gimbal assembly, been great ever since.
Think that's what you'll end up needing, but it is possible just the ribbon got damaged, and that is a fairly easy DIY job for a handy person.

It's not possible to post a video here.
You have to post a video to YouTube or other such site, and put the link here.

It's probably doing its calibration (all be it possibly abnormally), then stopping in that position and maybe just shaking a bit.
That's what mine was doing.

Video can be interesting but you need to post logs if you can and share the link.

Do logs show gimbal errors ?
Can't say I've ever noticed a post with such info.

I thought the OP was looking to post a phone video of the gimbal start up / problem.
The crash video would be of little use, it'd just look :(

Reactions: Thomas B
Do logs show gimbal errors ?
Can't say I've ever noticed a post with such info.

I thought the OP was looking to post a phone video of the gimbal start up / problem.
The crash video would be of little use, it'd just look :(
Good question on the gimbal errors... I never looked.

welcome to the forum,have you checked that the gimbal is still correctly attached to the drone and is suspended correctly on its rubber mounts it could be that it is catching as it calibrates

The same thing happened with my Mavic 2 zoom. I was able to fix it with the help of this video. Search Google for drtxJ9Eli5e.
Basically you can slightly open the joint that connects the camera to the axis with a small blade and then it can be rotated back around.
I hope this works for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost