DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small hiccup in the video every second when flying sidewards

Annevanzwol

Reactions
When flying sideways there is a small hiccup in the video every second or so. Please see the sample clip below. For example look at the tree in the foreground entering at 10 seconds into the clip.

Original was shot at 4K 30 fps

Now that I am aware of it, it is really annoying. Does anyone else experience this. Can it be solved.

I think that's an issue where it's having trouble writing such an enormous amount of data to the card. Your filming something with both a very high content of fine detail and it's moving very fast across the frame. I think your probably maxing out the capability of the system to encode and save so much data. You could possibly look at trying the very fastest SD card you can buy but the issue maybe be else where in the pipeline.

Repeat the same shot in 2.7k and see if it's better

Reactions: jeffrey and sstolk
its a known issue. if u on FW 0.300 then people recommend upgrade if u on .0550 FW and its not fixed then open RMA to DJI. i got it too "gimbal twitching" they call it in the forum threads and there are many

Agree with Cut.Aussie. I've seen this complaint too many times. If you want smooth video with this much detail, shoot 2.7k 30fps.

You could also correct with this technique.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ