DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small Pictures when photos are emailed from Iphone

Smotown

Reactions
How do I get bigger pictures when downloading pictures from my IPhone, I send my photos from the DJI mini album to my email address, usually in the lowest message size. When I open the photos they are so small, How can I get bigger picture, increase the message size ?

Are you certain that you are sending images from the drone rather than from the phone's cache etc.?
If I want images for email I put the drone's memory card in a reader attached to a computer and send them from the computer.
I basically do the same thing for images shot by the actual phone be they photos or video.

I'm trying to save a step, I had a Phantom 4 and the pictures were bigger when they were emailed from my phone, I haven't changed anything in my settings, I could put them directly into my PDF reports, I crashed my Phantom 4 and needed to buy a cheaper drone quickly.

How do I get bigger pictures when downloading pictures from my IPhone, I send my photos from the DJI mini album to my email address, usually in the lowest message size. When I open the photos they are so small, How can I get bigger picture, increase the message size ?
Send full images....

Trying to save a step that is only minutes long, no great effort and results in full sized images being available seems like a false economy to me. Besides which the relevant data transfers might take less time. But the advice has been offered and seemingly seconded. If no one comes up with an alternative there's not much more we can do, the choice is yours.

Edit. One other thing came to mind. You can probably connect the drone directly to a computer value USB and download the photos from the drone that way but as I hate using the mUSB port more than is absolutely necessary I haven't done that. For me it has the added disadvantage that the drone would presumably have to be on and I don't know how fast the transfer would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the album section of the DJI Fly app (entry screen on the app) , select the aircraft tab at the top of the page, each cached photo will have a download icon (bottom left of the image when you tap to open it), so that you can download the full size image from the drone SD card to the phone.

Once downloaded to the phone, you can use the share icon to directly share the photo from the DJI Fly album.
If you select the email option, you should be able to resize the image to fit the email size restrictions.

Last edited:
Reactions: M2D2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS