DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controler

marksavill

Reactions
Hi

Just got a Mavic 2 zoom as an upgrade from Mavic air v1

I've got the standard controler kit with flymore kit as well and also ordered the smart controler.

I'm now seeing mixed reviews about the smart controler. Is it good or is it as bad as I'm seeing?

What's the pros and cons ie range loss ect.

Thanks

Reactions: Simone L
Hi

I've got the standard controler kit with flymore kit as well and also ordered the smart controler.

I'm now seeing mixed reviews about the smart controler. Is it good or is it as bad as I'm seeing?

Thanks

I fly a Zoom with the Smart Controller. I am really pleased with the SC. Outside in the bright sunlight it’s fantastic. I turn on the Zoom, then turn on the SC and it goes straight to GO 4 ready to fly in a very short period of time. No extraneous cables to deal with.
Do wish it was cheaper.

Sorry to hijack but, I have just bought Mavic 2 Zoom (in fact it should arrive tomorrow) and I am considering the SC, however in UK it is expensive - £579 which is about $725
From what I read the SC is nice to have and gets you flying a little quicker but still seems very expensive.

Worth the money or not?

marksavill I would be really interested to know how you get on with it when it arrives

Sorry to hijack but, I have just bought Mavic 2 Zoom (in fact it should arrive tomorrow) and I am considering the SC, however in UK it is expensive - £579 which is about $725
From what I read the SC is nice to have and gets you flying a little quicker but still seems very expensive.

Worth the money or not?

marksavill I would be really interested to know how you get on with it when it arrives

Ok bud will let you know should be here tomorrow.

The range with the sc (for me) was noticeably less for the 6 or 8 months that I had one. Will be interesting to see how these other posters feel once they have used them for a while. Hopefully they will have the results they are hoping for. I was flying both the zoom and the pro.

Hi

Thanks
I got one last year to go with pro 2 expensive but as other have said the leads with standard controller I don’t have faith kept losing signal was down to lead problem . So quick up and flying in no time My opinion if got the spare cash get one

I purchased the M2Z and ran it with the normal controller and initially a iPhone, then an iPad mini eventually taking the plunge and purchased the SC. I have never looked back. less time to get flying and I have no problems with range although I follow the drone code so guess there wouldn't be :).

Happy flying

Worth the money or not?

I think the SC is a good upgrade if purchased with your MP2 but not worth the Separate price to upgrade an existing controller. Only exception may be if setup time is a big inconvenience for you or tying up your Phone when flying is an issue for you. If you plan on buying a separate device for flying, the SC should be in your comparison list.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Love the SC. Bought it along with my M2Zoom from B&H a few weeks ago. I think the farthest I’ve had it out was about 9K feet, but that’s all I ever did with my MA or MPP. in Those flights I’ve never seen an signal loss. Well, once when I got it turned around and it was flying in back of me going the wrong way ?. That said, this weekend we went for a drive and it was so nice to just stop, open the case , fire up the drone and controller and fly. It may be minor, but this is so much easier than taking the phone cover off, attach the phone to the controller and plug it all in. Or worse getting out the tablet holder, attaching that, taking the case off the tablet, attaching that, plug in a separate cable. all minor, and I stil have no problems doing this with my MA or MPP; just that the SC is so much easier ?

Hi

Thanks
I love my smart controller. I got weary quickly of taking my iPhone out of the LifeProof case with each flight and didn’t like the squirrelly connection with the cord.
The smart controller does have a tendency to shut the DJI app off if it gets overloaded by asking it to do too many functions at once. Mostly I have had issues when using video. So a lot of patience required to go slow with requests.
Even when the app shuts down I have always been able to bring my baby home, shut it all down and then start back.
I would never go back to a regular controller.

Reactions: Lionfish
I'm very please with both my M2z and SC. Range is perfect (2km no problem in plane field), vision too and no problem to run different apps at once. Could it be that others with less positive experience have a SC with an older production date? Mine is from October 2019, bought in February this year.

IDK about the production date being the issue. Just got mine a month ago. Several people have had the issue Wil here the screen goes black and white and a warning comes on that the app shut down. I ignore the warning and fly back to home point and then just reboot everything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair