DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller - “Map Loading” error

Dronescuba

Reactions
I have had my Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Pro for a while now but not all of the flight records seem to have a flight location under the date? All it shows is “Map Loading” can anyone help me to correct this issue? The iPad and iPhone both show the location accuratel.
5F680F01-58CE-4D8D-80B1-CCF5923D8249.jpeg

After the recent update to sc feel all my flight logs say map loading all the data is in there it just can’t load the Maps.
My guess is that since they moved where the flight logs are stored the code The loads the maps can’t find them.
If you post them to Air data the map will be there
Also some flight logs got tagged no GPS when Of course there was GPS

Reactions: Dronescuba
After the recent update to sc feel all my flight logs say map loading all the data is in there it just can’t load the Maps.
My guess is that since they moved where the flight logs are stored the code The loads the maps can’t find them.
If you post them to Air data the map will be there
Also some flight logs got tagged no GPS when Of course there was GPS
Thanks for your message. I am surprised there have been no other answers. Does no one else have this problem? Also it is only the SC that has this issues, the iPad and iPhone show the location just fine? Why is DJI not fixing this very quickly????

I wish they would fix it but since it is really just a minor annoyance as the flight logs seem to be intact they probably don’t have a high priority to fix it.
I’m just grateful they fixed the bug where it did not log at all rather quickly. Of course if there are no logs they can’t legitimately call pilot error When a crash occurres.
DJI is not all that great at software development. Unless the bugs are causing crashes which costs them money they don’t seem that inclined to fix them quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dronescuba
I wish they would fix it but since it is really just a minor annoyance as the flight logs seem to be intact they probably don’t have a high priority to fix it.
I’m just grateful they fixed the bug where it did not log at all rather quickly. Of course if there are no logs they can’t legitimately call pilot error When a crash occurres.
DJI is not all that great at software development. Unless the bugs are causing crashes which costs them money they don’t seem that inclined to fix them quickly.
[/QUOTE]
That is pretty poor customer support. The SC is a premier product that does not work correctly because of a known software issue.

I just discussed with my friend about this. He asked why the maps are not loading and I thought that it was just a connection problem during the flight. Now I noticed that I am my self experiencing the same problem. Its seems that also some older flights that have earlier been ok are now in "map loading" state. I wish the update comes quickly!

Thanks for your reply. I am glad it is not just me. I have emailed DJI with pictures and the details for them to look into but have had no reply. Surely this is a pretty quick software fix/update that affects all Smart Conttoller users? Why are DJI so bad at this detail?

Thanks for your reply. I am glad it is not just me. I have emailed DJI with pictures and the details for them to look into but have had no reply. Surely this is a pretty quick software fix/update that affects all Smart Conttoller users? Why are DJI so bad at this detail?
I’m sure they’re well aware of the issue but like I said it’s pretty minor since you usually know where you made the flight.

I paid a high price for device that has faulty software that DJI don’t seem to care about fixing. I take a dim view of that

Mine flies my aircraft perfectly so I’m not sure what you mean by faulty.
Would we like more features? Of course.
The map problem is really of no consequence whatsoever if you push show on the app it does if you upload it to air data it’s fine.

So I suppose faulty as a matter of opinion.

Yes I have the same problem and have contacted DJI without a response. It is crazy that they do not make the small software change to fix this. It is an expensive item and it does not work correctly?

Reactions: Vinny0418
I was gonna make a thread about this, however I see this is still an issue that hasn't been solved. I was just looking at my flight logs and they all say "Map Loading".

How are you expecting maps to load without access to internet?

So if I am home and I connect the SC to my wifi it should load the maps? I know on my flight history there has been a few times where I have been at a location where I connected the SC to my mobile hotspot to get a flight code. Still have the "map loading" message.

Maybe you are right, it might be an Android issue. Friend of mine has the M2P with the standard controller and an Ipad. On his flight history you can see the city where he flew, no "map loading" message.

Yup..now I've got it on Mavic Pro2.... just yet another piece of garbage code by DJI ..I swore I'd never go DJI again but I fell for it didn't I... The sad, depressing moment at switch on of realising that once again something doesn't work is never far away with a DJI product is it.

There was today an update for the SC. Could this have fixed the problem?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair