DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller and Black Video Screen after changing time in main settings.

Paul2660

Reactions
I have noticed now that if you do the following:

1. power on SC, 2. Power on Drone, 3. Hit the Go Fly button and enter into the main DJIGO4 screen, 4, Swipe down on SC screen to enter settings 5, Enter main settings to change time

After you change your settings, and come back to DJIGO4 your video will be a black screen. You can still see all of the DJIGO4 data, you just can't see anything from the camera. To get the video back, you have to power cycle either drone or SC, but it seems that about 50% of the time just powering off drone won't fix this, you have to power cycle the SC.

So, wanted to point this out to others not to enter the main settings screen during flight. You would not want to power off the SC with a drone in the air. At least I wouldn't.

I have been able to reproduce this on 2 different SC and M2 Pro drones. Happens anytime I do 1 through 5. If you just swipe down to get to brightness levels, it's not a problem.

My SC never keeps accurate time, period, it's always as much as 6 hours to 1 day in advance of actual time/day. I prefer to have my exif data from a flight accurate, so I have to always remember to go into settings and change the time. I had been doing this by powering on SC first, and changing time, powering off, then starting flight cycle. However I have noticed that my SC can advance 1 hour in time just in the time I power it off and back on.

Time and day of flight is something I prefer to keep accurate. Seems many don't have this issue, but I also wonder how many people are actually checking the day and time on SC to see if theirs is staying accurate.

Paul C

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC