DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller and Mavic Air 2

salex

Reactions
I purchased a Mavic Air 2 last Christmas for my husband. At that time I did not purchase the Smart Controller and it appears to be unavailable at this time. I was hoping to purchase the Smart Controller for a Christmas present this year.

I have received some conflicting information and was hoping for clarification. DJI told me that the RC Pro is only for the Mavic Air 3. DJI also said that they are selling Air 2S packages that include a Smart Controller, but that the packaging cannot be split.

A drone retailer on the west coast told me that they received a number of separate new controllers that are the same ones that are packaged with the Air 2S. They believe that this controller will work for the Mavic Air 2. The pricing on this controller appeared to be identical to the RC Pro.

Thanks so much

The DJI store notes that the RC Pro is only compatible with the 3 and cine 3 1.199 bucks

RC Pro will currently not work with the Mavic Air 2.

It can work with Air2S but only if bought in a bundle.
This is something many pilots are waiting for, backward compatibility with earlier drones - hopefully addressed in the January M3/DJI Fly/SC Pro firmware update. Anything else and DJI risk start loosing customers down the road as the competition ramps up.

I know that a box under the tree is the ideal for Christmas presents, but maybe in this case a wrapped photo of a controller, with an electronic gift certificate to the vendor of your choice, might make a more sensible choice? That way your intention (which is lovely!) is communicated, and you can wait until it's confirmed that the RC Pro can be made to work?

Maybe put a really cheap toy store drone in the box as a [disappointing] surprise, with the certificate and photo of the RC Pro underneath?

Just a thought!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S