DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller asking for account ?

It's asking for your DJI account...So the email you used to register your aircraft and that password. So if that is what your saying your using, then you have something wrong. ;) If you are sure you have email correct then the password is wrong, reset it on the website...it is all there easily for you to do :)

what app?

There are no instructions ?

This is frustrating, $1,5 K for a drone and no instructions, nothing written like how to get started,,,,,,

what app?

There are no instructions ?

This is frustrating, $1,5 K for a drone and no instructions, nothing written like how to get started,,,,,,
It's all basic...suggest you go to youtube or google "how do I" Did you down load the manual at least? What aircraft are you trying to fly?

I just purchased the Air 2 fly more & smart controller
I take it this is your first DJI? Watch this video, I guess... Your going to need to get DJI Asst 2 for Mavic and update your Smart Controller to get the Fly App on it: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic- Download Center - DJI. At this point you have quite a bit of reading and videos to watch..please use a bit of due diligence and research all you need to do before even attempting any flight :) This is a fun hobby, but you didn't buy a new toy this is a regulated hobby, you didn't buy a beginner drone or setup either...so make sure you research what needs to be done to fly safe. Your user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200511/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf

Last edited:
if I have an FAA number from other drones I own can I use that number?
Or do I need a separate number for each drone

if I have an FAA number from other drones I own can I use that number?
Or do I need a separate number for each drone
IF your valid then yes. all covered on the FAA website and that video.

Reactions: Thomas B
I'm watching the video,
Again remember you jumped out of sequence not getting stock controller and upgrading so the SC will need latest firmware. Once your into the Fly App you can make a DJI account.

and still can't find the fly app,,,,,,,,"
I'm in the google app store and there's no DJI fly app, lots of other dji apps but none labeled "Fly"

well I finally found it and it says my device isn't compatible for the app, guess I need a new phone too.

This sux as far as I'm concerned, $1,500 for a drone kit, and it won't work unless I buy a new phone.

Thanks for your help but I think this ones going back and I don't need a dji drone.

I agree, I shouldn't need a phone to fly my drone that comes with an app to Wifi link to open up or register my product,,,,,,,,
And that's my point, can't open the controller up to register my drone without an account number, but in order to register I have to download an app that my 2yr old phone isn't compatible with even tho it's an android device.

I agree, I shouldn't need a phone to fly my drone that comes with an app to Wifi link to open up or register my product,,,,,,,,
And that's my point, can't open the controller up to register my drone without an account number, but in order to register I have to download an app that my 2yr old phone isn't compatible with even tho it's an android device.
Call DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580