DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Audio Replay Issues

DROJT

Reactions
I am experiencing minimum audio from the controller during media replay of video files. Basically, I am adding talking points to certain videos. My media volume is set to max and I have tried everything to resolve. It seems that the mic is set to low when recording thus audio playback is minimum but when I transfer the file to another platform (phone/computer), the audio is fine. I think this may be a software issue and would like to know if anyone else is experiencing the same and know of any steps to resolve. TIA!

Just found you post, and I have the same issue on the latest firmware... The sound recorded is like recorded underwater.
It's terrible...
Have you found a way to resolve the issue (without adding external mic) or got replacement from DJI?

Reactions: maurotandoi
My issue resolved itself. I actually reinitiated the firmware twice and was ready to give up and return the product after a string of emails to DJI.
In my case, the system basically "burned itself in". My solution was to simply take the props off and let the system run while opening every option on the controller to ensure that they were all functioning properly.
I did this for about 8 hours over the course of a few days and the system just came together. Perhaps I am a lucky one as I also found several threads on other sites (and youtube) which noted the same issue. In some cases, users experienced the "underwater muffled effect" you are describing. My systems audio playback was nothing like this as my volume was simply too low during playback.
The good news is that DJI will address this issue in a future firmware update and there is a beta version already on the streets
Also I found the link below link which addresses adding an external mic. Interestingly enough, the narrator mentions that the device more than likely needs better drivers which I suspect is the primary issue.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: Thomas B
As another solution have you tried using a Bluetooth wireless headset. My Bose SoundSport links without issue and being Bluetooth, there’s no dongles or wires to mess with in the field. This solution works for the iOS users as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000