Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Bricked? Help ...

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
I was trying to update the SC to the latest firmware tonight prior to sending it off to its new owner. In the middle of the update, the screen went black and nothing. I waited quite a while. Nothing. Could not turn it off. Hooked it up to DJI Assistant 2. It recognized the SC and I tried to back it down to the previous firmare. The update failed and now DJI Assistant 2 doesn't recognize it. Cannot turn it on. Any suggestions? Arrgggghhhhhh.

I was trying to update the SC to the latest firmware tonight prior to sending it off to its new owner. In the middle of the update, the screen went black and nothing. I waited quite a while. Nothing. Could not turn it off. Hooked it up to DJI Assistant 2. It recognized the SC and I tried to back it down to the previous firmare. The update failed and now DJI Assistant 2 doesn't recognize it. Cannot turn it on. Any suggestions? Arrgggghhhhhh.

Have you try pressing the power bottom for about 30 seconds ?

Where is the 13 point list?

There is good chance that you did not do a Factory Reset before updating and so the internal memory is completely filled and it wont boot which meas you have to send it in to DJI .

Yup, tried this several times for exactly 15 secs and 20 secs.

Hopefully they will do the update for you at DJI if not your going to need that 13 steps to making the Update work because without it , it might brick again.

My bet is they will just send you a new Smart Controller so its likely you will have to update it.
Be interesting to see how that works out.

I've never done a factory reset or turned off WIFI before any of the updates and not had one problem with the SC afterwards.

Last edited:
I've never done a factory reset before any of the updates and not had one problem with the SC afterwards.

The problem with the Smart Controller update was how much room the Update took up in the Internal memory and if you had anything on your Smart Controller , it just shut down, the same thing happens on a computer if the memory gets just to low. It might not restart again.

The other problem was that if you connected to the Assistant 2 , you had to turn off the internet on the Smart Controller something that took me 3 miserable hours to find out .

Zeus: Posted the 13 steps that got me the victory run. ?

Where is the fabled 13 steps posted?

:D Fabled Zeus that is perfect:

Check this thread out: It offer the 13 Fabled steps , lol and my victory video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty