DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Camera Lighting Button

Inspired_Mike

Reactions
Recently bought a Mavic Air 2 with a Smart Contoller. I have customized the C1 & C2 buttons. My problem is with the the left and right dial buttons. The one on the left adjusts the gimbal angle. The one on the RIGHT does NOTHING. Seemed like on my older mavic controllers this was a camera lighting dial. Does the Mavic Air 2 have a dial to adjust lighting? Right now I am just tapping on the lower right to change settings manually. TIA Mike

Reactions: BamaBomber
Recently bought a Mavic Air 2 with a Smart Contoller. I have customized the C1 & C2 buttons. My problem is with the the left and right dial buttons. The one on the left adjusts the gimbal angle. The one on the RIGHT does NOTHING. Seemed like on my older mavic controllers this was a camera lighting dial. Does the Mavic Air 2 have a dial to adjust lighting? Right now I am just tapping on the lower right to change settings manually. TIA Mike
That's the way the stock MA2 controller works, too. It has no right scroll button, so the SC apparently can't use its right dial button because the MA2 Fly app never expected you to have one!

Reactions: Inspired_Mike

I don't have a Smart Controller, but the other wheel may control the zoom function of the camera in video mode.

With the regular controller you have to hold down the Fn button while scrolling the wheel to zoom.

I think the Smart Controller dedicated a wheel for this feature?

The SC was originally designed around the Mavic 2 which has two scroll wheels, the right one of which acts as the zoom wheel on the M2Z and the exposure compensation wheel on the M2P. However, the MA2 controller only has a single scroll wheel, which can be modified by the Fn key, so not surprising that the extra scroll wheel on the SC isn't yet supported by the MA2.

The SC was originally designed around the Mavic 2 which has two scroll wheels, the right one of which acts as the zoom wheel on the M2Z and the exposure compensation wheel on the M2P. However, the MA2 controller only has a single scroll wheel, which can be modified by the Fn key, so not surprising that the extra scroll wheel on the SC isn't yet supported by the MA2.
Wrong, the right wheel controls zoom in the MA2 as well

Reactions: BamaBomber
Maybe you can explain that to the OP, who claims otherwise!
"The one on the RIGHT does NOTHING."
See post #1 to which I was replying.
I’m just correcting your statement. I own an MA2 with an SC & the right wheel controls the zoom

Its for zooming in or out. However, it doesn't work with 4k at 60 fps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929