DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller FCC mode

Anyone getting disconnect issues? Since the last 2 updates I get this every flight and I’m only 100m or so out. Aerial in the correct position and when I get this I have full signal and video feeds!

Is there any solutions to force FCC mode on the smart controller? Is Fakegps trick works?

I'm using 4.3.16 (android) and it works like a charm. Just install Fake GPS and OsmAnd (when using Smart Controller Fake GPS does not show a map. Just hit 'go to' (Fake GPS) in the dropdown menu and fill in the coordinates (found in OsmAnd) of a place somewhere in the US. Than hit record (play)). Locate in Fake GPS a place somewhere in the US, hit record (play) and open DJI Go4 (Camera view). Check if the map shows the place in the US and check if the 1 km grey line (HD pictogram) is just below -90 mark. That's the CE mode. Cover the GPS of the drone with your hand and turn on the Mavic 2. DJI Go4 will start again after connecting with the drone. Check if the 1 km grey line is just above the -90 mark. That's the FCC mode. Let go your hand off the drone and immediately arm the drone using the sticks (push both to the inner lower corner). Wait for satellite connection and record home point. Check again if the 1 km grey line is above the -90 mark and check your home point in the map. Than fly. That's all there is to it!

Be aware when activating return to home, to choose (you get a popupscreen) the right home point. Otherwise your drone will fly to the US
;)

Happy flying!

Reactions: ff22
I'm using 4.3.16 (android) and it works like a charm. Just install Fake GPS and OsmAnd (when using Smart Controller Fake GPS does not show a map. Just hit 'go to' (Fake GPS) in the dropdown menu and fill in the coordinates (found in OsmAnd) of a place somewhere in the US. Than hit record (play)). Locate in Fake GPS a place somewhere in the US, hit record (play) and open DJI Go4 (Camera view). Check if the map shows the place in the US and check if the 1 km grey line (HD pictogram) is just below -90 mark. That's the CE mode. Cover the GPS of the drone with your hand and turn on the Mavic 2. DJI Go4 will start again after connecting with the drone. Check if the 1 km grey line is just above the -90 mark. That's the FCC mode. Let go your hand off the drone and immediately arm the drone using the sticks (push both to the inner lower corner). Wait for satellite connection and record home point. Check again if the 1 km grey line is above the -90 mark and check your home point in the map. Than fly. That's all there is to it!

Be aware when activating return to home, to choose (you get a popupscreen) the right home point. Otherwise your drone will fly to the US
;)

Happy flying!

Interesting. Do you need to do this every time you fly?

Unfortunately you have to do this each time flying. That's the price you have to pay for living in the CE zone. For a quick shot (within 4km one way border) I don't need the extended range so I just start and go. For long distance flying (around 8 km one way or 16 km return) I prepare a flight more carefully anyway (no authorities or planes/helicopter around etc.). In that case, 20 second more or less following the procedure doesn't matter.

;)

Happy flying!
I do this in this way a couple of weeks now, since the newest update fake gps works only with manually gps coordinates. But I always stopp fake gps after going up with the drone. and my handy has hotspot connection to the controller to get teh correct mapview

NLD claims to have FCC mode support AC side, so that might be an option but it's not free.

I got NLD today and now have FCC instead of messing about with fake gps and covering up the drone each time I fly

I got NLD today and now have FCC instead of messing about with fake gps and covering up the drone each time I fly
So you had to step back to an earlier version of the firmware? For the drone or controller or both? I am interested because I'm two crow fly miles from a college football stadium and it occasionally becomes a no fly zone at my home.

no im on the latest firmware .0400 and just done the fcc mod, I don't need the nfz mod but if I did I would have to downgrade firmware,, fcc works on latest firmware, just the drone was patched and in the HD settings on the controller is now shows im in fcc

no im on the latest firmware .0400 and just done the fcc mod, I don't need the nfz mod but if I did I would have to downgrade firmware,, fcc works on latest firmware, just the drone was patched and in the HD settings on the controller is now shows im in fcc
Ah, thanks for that info. Yes, I would want the NFZ but prefer not to downgrade the firmware. I will wait and hope.

Why did DJI make the smart controller have less range than the regular RC in CE countries?
Today I got 4.65 km range with the SC in CE mode. It's because the return-to-home mode made the drone turn back (al lot of wind), but I guess I would've reached the 5 km barrier. There was no sign of loosing signal what so ever. So I'm not sure if DJI downgraded the range in the SC.... At least not to mine experience.

NLD FCC mod is drone patch not SC patch, I have it working on mine and its in FCC mode permanent no messing around with the fake GPS like I used to do, and works on latest firmware

Reactions: andrewjr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake