DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

smart controller find my drone

Reactions
Hello, flying a M2Zoom with no issues for months now. I have not needed to use, but have been practicing finding my drone with my smart controller. I'll fly the quad and land on a parking lot and then use the Find My Drone option. I can not make head or tail out of the readings. I understand the circled red arrow is the drone, and it points in the direction it's facing. The smaller blue arrow is the controller, but it doesn't point or line up with the way I'm facing. Is this normal? Can it be reset or calibrated? Usually the indicator shows that If I walk towards the left side of the blue indicator I get closer to the drone, but not always. I have not downloaded maps, and that might help, but often I'm without wifi in desert areas flying so that's not always an option. Can anyone offer advice how to calibrate the indicators, or if this is normal, how I should read the screen? Also, on the bottom option I can choose between highlighting the drone or the controller. If I choose the controller, the arrow disappears and is replaced by a pin. What's going on here? Thank you so much for your assistance, and happy holidays.

The direction shown for the SC is dependent on the SC compass. You can try spinning the SC in 3 axes to try and calibrate but many have found the direction indication a problem with the SC.

Thank you, tried that. The SC compass is spot on. Sure would be nice if controller indicator pointed ahead, like the indicator on the circular attitude view. It would be a breeze to just aim at the downed drone, and walk towards it. Now I just walk in any direction and see if the connecting line gets shorter or longer. Not the best way to do it, IMHO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61