DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller firmware V01.00.0650 "QuickFly"

bumper

Reactions
A new firmware update for the SC has a feature called QuickFly that allows the SC to power up and immediately connect with camera/fly screen with a paired M2, if this feature is enabled in settings. However, I can't find it listed in settings. I've tried with aircraft on and on the flight screen, aircraft off, and every which way. Clearly I'm overlooking something.

SC and drone function normally as before update.

Help, pls.

Last edited:
Reactions: m2zAL
I updated sc to the latest version via wi-fi, everything went fine (approx. 10 min) I made two flights after that, which went without any problem.I also don't see this QuickFly option anywhere

stopped my google play services from working, my quickfly just worked when I powered it up after update, did have a look around for settings but I cant find them

update, the setting for quickfly is under DJI Lab in the controller settings but it's in Chinese, the top option

Last edited:
Reactions: m2zAL
stopped my google play services from working, my quickfly just worked when I powered it up after update, did have a look around for settings but I cant find them

update, the setting for quickfly is under DJI Lab in the controller settings but it's in Chinese, the top option

Someone on the other forum said it was under Settings, DJI Lab, and was the top option in Chinese! I haven't tried it yet so don't know for sure.

Reactions: RogerMav and m2zAL
Updated my SC over WiFi without any observed issues or error messages. The process too about 10 minutes.

The QuickFly option is indeed under Settings —> DJI Lab and one of the the top 2 options, apparently Chinese text.

240AE7E4-7712-4E5E-B008-288285C48390.png

I found when enabled, it does not work unless the M2 is powered on. during power up of the SC, the SC’s power LED will turn Green indicating it successfully linked to the M2. once this link is established, the DJI Go4 app launches automatically into the Device Camera View and ready for take off. So works as anticipated!

after refresh using the DJI Assistant 2 app, the Chinese text was removed. Apparently, they quickly fixed the bug but did not change the software revision number.
BACF3DAF-E68A-48D4-BBFA-911E7E2FF03B.png

Note - If the M2 is not powered on, the SC will simply boot and allow you to launch the DJI Go4 app manually or select the SC’s apps menu.

Thank you, DJI.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerMav
Okay . . . wohoo! I can confirm it works. Go to settings, scroll down to djiLabs, enable the first listing under SkyTalk, it's in Chinese. Now when you turn on the Smart Controller and the M2, the SC will skip all the previous pages and selections and go directly to the "flight screen". Not a big deal, but a nice deal.

There are other areas that have entries they forgot to provide English translation . . . seems like they rushed this update out the door without much double checking things.

Anybody tried the screen recording function with audio?
I tested it, and screemed to the smart controller, and when playing back the video, I could barely hear something when I cranked up the volume to 100%.
Maybe I have a faulty microphone.

Last edited:
Does a Bluetooth wireless headset work for screen recording? I’ve linked my BT headset for audio alerts before this last update and works. I rly for that in noisy environments. It would be interesting it e SC would use the Mic on these headsets/earbuds for this purpose too. May help the quality of sound.

Someone on the other forum said it was under Settings, DJI Lab, and was the top option in Chinese! I haven't tried it yet so don't know for sure.

After update everything seems to work fine. I found it under the DJI Lab option and it is the second item on mine, the first item there is Sky Talk. The second item is "Fly Immediately" (mine is in English not Chinese) which I enabled. Then turn off the controller, turn on the AC, and then restart the Smart controller. It goes straight to camera view, and ready to take off. If you turn on the controller without the AC on, the controller starts in the normal manner.

After update everything seems to work fine. I found it under the DJI Lab option and it is the second item on mine, the first item there is Sky Talk. The second item is "Fly Immediately" (mine is in English not Chinese) which I enabled. Then turn off the controller, turn on the AC, and then restart the Smart controller. It goes straight to camera view, and ready to take off. If you turn on the controller without the AC on, the controller starts in the normal manner.

Correct. It was only the "early adopters" that got hit with the Chinese text version. After which DJI took the firmware option down for a number of hours. When it became available again, the text was corrected to English.

To change from the Chinese text version to the English one, you only have to connect the SC back to your computer DJI Assistant 2, and choose "Refresh".

Interestingly mine is in English.. and wont connect to Assistant anymore. So that's another update in the future no doubt.

I have use wifi updates for months with no problem but this time I tried the update with Assistant 2 (latest one ver...10) and connected and updated with no problems.

Did experience what as someone mentioned to reach up to 98 % and remain there. After a while got a message of slow or problematic connection and requested to restart the SC, which I did. Firmware got upgraded to ...650 and DJI Go 4 to ....28 everything seems to be ok. However there is this fly logs issue of being saved to internal memory (when your settings are to save to SD) and not sync to DJI but a few of you found two solutions while we wait for a correction from DJI.

I would recommend using original SC charging cable (USB) and also try a different USB port and if no luck then other USB cables.

Reactions: ff22
I have use wifi updates for months with no problem but this time I tried the update with Assistant 2 (latest one ver...10) and connected and updated with no problems.

Did experience what as someone mentioned to reach up to 98 % and remain there. After a while got a message of slow or problematic connection and requested to restart the SC, which I did. Firmware got upgraded to ...650 and DJI Go 4 to ....28 everything seems to be ok. However there is this fly logs issue of being saved to internal memory (when your settings are to save to SD) and not sync to DJI but a few of you found two solutions while we wait for a correction from DJI.

I would recommend using original SC charging cable (USB) and also try a different USB port and if no luck then other USB cables.
Are you still able to get usb to connect computer and SC? That's a problem some are reporting.

Yes I did two days ago with no problem. That is how I did this latest update.

I think sometimes Windows updates screw the drivers. For example since 6 months ago I can't insert the Mavic 2 SD card in the internal reader of my laptop. I will get a blue screen and crash.

I have to use for now an external card reader.
Are you still able to get usb to connect computer and SC? That's a problem some are reporting.

IFMA... Why not just save images and vids to the SD card in the drone?
Yep, there is where I save them and have the problem when I plug in the laptop to download all the images and vids. Wireless download takes too long.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka