DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller First Impressions

THE CYBORG

Reactions
So I got to try out the Smart Controller today. First impression, I like it thank god.

I did think the screen could look to small for me as I am used to a 10” tablet but I had no trouble with it.

Screen perfectly visible in bright sun but I have fitted a none reflective tempered glass screen protector.

Touch screen very responsive.

Control sticks feel the same as the standard controller.

Holding it, this will take some getting use to, I used a bracket for my tablet with a lanyard positioned to take all the weight & balance it out.

The Smart Controller has the lanyard fixing on the bottom, it stops you dropping it but you have to hold the weight all the time.

With the standard controller I could easily place fingers over the shutter / camera buttons & the C1 – C2 buttons at the same time but with the SC I have to move my hand a little, the shutter buttons don't fall to my fingers as naturally.

Something I will have to look into is the maps, I could have sworn I had downloaded a map but when I got out no map showed, got home and I have the map so must be when connected to my wi-fi.

I am sure I will get used to the buttons but I had a virtually weightless & balanced setup due to the lanyard position, that's the only thing that I am not so taken with on the SC but don't see how they could have placed the fastenings anywhere else.

The one complaint is that they don't supply lanyard fixings I had to go elsewhere, all that money and they skimp on two little brackets, I don't think they even have them as an extra or if the do they have them well hidden.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121