DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller FW Update

TreeHugger

Trees - Nature's Drone Magnets!
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Controller is bugging me to update! Not until I hear someone else first :)

Controller is bugging me to update! Not until I hear someone else first :)

All I can say is I updated yesterday and other than having to rebind my M2Z at the end (It requested to do so, assume normal with this update) I flew one test flight only...noted nothing out of norm...but that is one flight only...take it for what it is worth. :) You don't have to update, swipe it away and fly normal, ;)

Reactions: TreeHugger
Seems I've heard chatter about 01.00.0820 but can't currently find it.

Looks like support for drones other than what I'm flying.FWinf.png

I updated yesterday afternoon with zero problems via Assistant. Since I had previously sideloaded Google Play and some other apps, I prepared by removing the SD card and doing a factory reset. The new update installed fine, but horribly slow, and I linked to both the Mavic Air 2 and the Mavic Zoom with no problems. I reset all my flight settings such as RTH and altitude limits and flew both for around 15 minutes each. Both flights synced perfectly with both DJI and AirData. So far so good, but will need to fly some more to spot any potential errors.

I might do it without a reset. Are you putting Google back? I have it installed for Litchi only.

Reactions: LoganAir
I might do it without a reset. Are you putting Google back? I have it installed for Litchi only.
Well I was going to reload Google and all the other stuff, but had second thoughts as I remembered having Google Framework errors periodically while flying with the previous firmware package. It didn't affect the flight, but it's unnerving when errors like that pop up on the screen whilst airborne. The main app I used was Google email so I could immediately send pictures to friends without having to transfer them over to my phone or laptop first, but obviously also had Google Play. I had some weather apps and AirData HD Sync on there also, but didn't really use them. I think I'll keep it simple for now while I test everything with the two DJI flight apps. Last thing I want is to sort out other strange unrelated problems at the same time.

Well I was going to reload Google and all the other stuff, but had second thoughts as I remembered having Google Framework errors periodically while flying with the previous firmware package.

A bit off topic but while we are discussing. I still need to put Litchi on my smart controller. There are the two ways I know of. Your way adding google suite, and loading it through Amazon, I believe you can also side load the .apk? I have heard horror stories from both sides and also the no issue reports.

If I installed it via google, could I not then delete the whole Google nightmare and Litchi would still be okay? Or would that stop the auto updating of the App? Just trying to get a understanding of pros and cons of loading either way, and what if any errors both Litchi or whatever I may expect?

And to keep on topic, have you tested Litchi on new firmware? And if not yet would appreciate if you could feed back if no issues. TIA. ;)

Last edited:
A bit off topic but while we are discussing. I still need to put Litchi on my smart controller. There are the two ways I know of. Your way adding google suite, and loading it through Amazon, I believe you can also side load the .apk? I have heard horror stories from both sides and also the no issue reports.

If I installed it via google, could I not then delete the whole Google nightmare and Litchi would still be okay? Or would that stop the auto updating of the App? Just trying to get a understanding of pros and cons of loading either way, and what if any errors both Litchi or whatever I may expect?
That's pretty much the main pitfall. Once you install something via Google Play, by what I've noticed, everything wants updated via that route. Really the only reason I went that way was for Google email, but now that I think about it, could still accomplish that with DJI's Lightening Browser. I think when I'm ready for other apps, I'll just go directly with .apk's. I might try loading the UAV Forecast app via apk this weekend to see if it works...if I can find it.

For me, this might be a good opportunity to load Litchi via Amazon - Yes, one part of the Google mess crashes always, but it has never caused a real problem - a simple ack tap and its fine.

Reactions: LoganAir
Today installed the Google Installer 2.0 with the new firmware and is not having the framework stop working error like before. It installed without errors and is stable. I used for about 4 hours today perfectly. I will try to use Litchi tomorrow and see how behave in the new FW.

Today installed the Google Installer 2.0 with the new firmware and is not having the framework stop working error like before. It installed without errors and is stable. I used for about 4 hours today perfectly. I will try to use Litchi tomorrow and see how behave in the new FW.
Well that's good to know. Please keep us updated on its reliability. I may try it again if all goes well with your current install. Thanks.

I wonder if it support the Mavic Mini as well, since it also uses DJI Fly

Are you using a certain release or version of Google installer (Or is the 2.0 the answer?) and if so could you provide a link...and is there any difference or need to not go the Amazon route vice Google?

but i had to do something different.

When you open the link with the smart controller browser, does not look like is downloading and instead open a hash page.

I did download the file in my computer and copied to a MicroSD card and the opened in the smart controller in file browser then did the install.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser