DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller issues

Paul Smith

Reactions
Hi,
I'd be very grateful for suggestions / help on two issies to do with my 3 mth old DJI Smart Controller (used with a Mavic 2 Pro.)

The first is that it will suddenly turn off, returning to the homepage while in midflight, at which point it hovers awaiting further instructions. It can happen any time, whether the battery is on 80% or 20%.
It suddenly shows as below:-

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

The second issue happened tonight. I was in Active Track mode and wanted to fly a slow circle around one of our horses. It was practice and the video is non-descript. However, as soon as I sent it Counterclockwise at a slow speed it went from side to side and flew towards the horse. I then flew it straight up for safety !

Video on YouTube ..

Thanks

Yep - I had similar issues to your first experience recently. They’ve disappeared after an app update. Thank goodness. Very disquieting - even in VLOS to lose the app. Apparently though, you still have control - just no video relay.

Reactions: Paul Smith
Yep - I had similar issues to your first experience recently. They’ve disappeared after an app update. Thank goodness. Very disquieting - even in VLOS to lose the app. Apparently though, you still have control - just no video relay.
Many thanks for your reply - I thought my SC was unique !
I'll contact DJI re. the Active Track issue.
Thanks again.

I haven't personally got one but try checking out the SC sub section .......there might be some info from folk who have had the same issue.

Reactions: Paul Smith
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22