DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Joystick Thread

Yes, it is. I discovered that when I was purchasing screws to attach a lanyard and found that I could screw those into the joystick holes. So, in theory, one could just buy longer screws to get extended joysticks.
Thx for your confirmation.

Reactions: ff22
Hey guys so the Thread is 4mm however do either of you guys know the pitch of the tread? and or the depth of the socket? Or know where I could find this information I have been looking all day and can't seem to find this. You would think DJI would post it somewhere but that has not been the case for me.

Hey guys so the Thread is 4mm however do either of you guys know the pitch of the tread? and or the depth of the socket? Or know where I could find this information I have been looking all day and can't seem to find this. You would think DJI would post it somewhere but that has not been the case for me.
I do not know the thread pitch....I tried a 4mm hex socket machinist's screw but that didn't fit. In the end I gave up as there were many other things to work on. Sorry.

I put these on mine when I got it, unfortunately they give no data: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QN2N1XY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

I do not know the thread pitch....I tried a 4mm hex socket machinist's screw but that didn't fit. In the end I gave up as there were many other things to work on. Sorry.
Someone on another forum post said that they knew the bottom screw holes were 4mm .7 pitch as they had got a custom lanyard for supporting the controller around their neck. So He said that he tried putting those in the thumbstick slots and "they fit perfect". His words not mine I registered and asked him to confirm and no word yet. Post was from Dec 2019. So I tried the thumbsticks in the bottom slots to see if that works and it does. So given the above is true then the thumbsticks may be 4mm .7 pitch. I wish I could confirm. However if someone knows for sure please confirm. Thanks in advance. PS does anyone know if longer or shorter thumbsticks would be better for shaky hands or does anyone have any experience with using sticks that are long to use finger and thumb like old school arcade style.1603861908290.png

Someone on another forum post said that they knew the bottom screw holes were 4mm .7 pitch as they had got a custom lanyard for supporting the controller around their neck. So He said that he tried putting those in the thumbstick slots and "they fit perfect". His words not mine I registered and asked him to confirm and no word yet. Post was from Dec 2019. So I tried the thumbsticks in the bottom slots to see if that works and it does. So given the above is true then the thumbsticks may be 4mm .7 pitch. I wish I could confirm. However if someone knows for sure please confirm. Thanks in advance. PS does anyone know if longer or shorter thumbsticks would be better for shaky hands or does anyone have any experience with using sticks that are long to use finger and thumb like old school arcade style.View attachment 115929

Before my last post I checked on my smart controller and the sticks do indeed thread into the bottom holes.

Longer sticks are better for smoother control....the further from the centre point of rotation, more movement is required to result in the same number of arc degrees travelled. Longer sticks do assist with shaky hands....I have an essential tremor and the longer sticks help compensate.

Longer sticks are better for smoother control....the further from the centre point of rotation, more movement is required to result in the same number of arc degrees travelled. Longer sticks do assist with shaky hands....I have an essential tremor and the longer sticks help compensate.
Thank you

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica