DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

smart controller location mode choice..

yk0713

Reactions
Hello.

I took a flight with mavic air 2 the other day with smart controller. I lost rc signal within 500m.. I live in suburb area and there are no tall building around where I was at.

My smart controller was in Device only (location mode). I wonder whether this mode had affected my rc signal range.

Also I'm not sure high accuracy mode is better choice than device mode. I want to make a choice for more flight time with moderate signal. All my flying range is within 2 km.

Thank you for your help !

Reactions: Steel63
Hello.

I took a flight with mavic air 2 the other day with smart controller. I lost rc signal within 500m.. I live in suburb area and there are no tall building around where I was at.

My smart controller was in Device only (location mode). I wonder whether this mode had affected my rc signal range.

Also I'm not sure high accuracy mode is better choice than device mode. I want to make a choice for more flight time with moderate signal. All my flying range is within 2 km.

Thank you for your help !
I believe that only rates or improves location. Your power out or signal isn't really adjustable other than going manual on channel if that feature is available on the Fly App? You did remember to flip your antennas to straight down from storage position?

I'm using smart controller. and there is a feature for auto, 2.4 Ghz or 5.8 Ghz. Next time when I fly with drone I'm going to test all these options. I heard 5.8Ghz is better for short range flying. I was in my car since weather was windy and cold. When I lost rc control I came out of car and tried to adjust antenna, but 500 m is way short range in my opinion. I heard that using GPS feature will drain battery faster. I wonder using wifi for GPS position is better choice..

Thank you

Power for GPS should be negligible. GPS is passive reception. You'll be using lots more energy to illuminate the display, powering the transmitter to the AC, and CPU/GPU for video processing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair