DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Map Question

Ankonian

Reactions
During flight there is a map in the lower left corner of the sceen that covers some functions. Can I move it or disable it? I am sure this is a newbie question but no searching has revealed the answer.

During flight there is a map in the lower left corner of the sceen that covers some functions. Can I move it or disable it? I am sure this is a newbie question but no searching has revealed the answer.

I don't think it's covering any functions, and it can be helpful. If you tap on it it will come full screen, and then tap the other to switch back and forth. It can help find your current position on the map as well as the direction the bird is facing. I'm not aware of a way to disable it right off hand, can't say I ever wanted to.

I don't use the map at all but always the attitude ball which can be brought up by clicking the small circular icon at the upper right corner of the map. The info provided in that attitude ball is critical for avoiding losing connection due to bad orientation of the remote controller and flyaway due to strong wind.

It was the intelligent flight modes. The lower left corner Point of Interest appeared to be behind the map. Perhaps it was just me, or the software update fixed it. But I can see it now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22