DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller or crystal sky ?

I don't believe your going to like the smaller darker screen after using the 7.85, it's a big difference for me

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
You will sacrifice a bigger screen for a shorter setup time, setup time is almost zero.
I flew with a 10” tablet and am still getting used to the tiny (in comparison) screen on the SC.
I prefer using the SC but I didn't have a CS.

It's not to bad of a trade off I use the smart controller for my mavic zoom and setup is quick with my Inspire I use a mac pro 10.5 tablet and I'd trade off for setup time for screen size I'd love to use my smart controller over the tablet any day

It’s all personal pref. I had both and sold the cs

You can grab a refurb Off the DJI website for $600.
If you hate it you can pretty much get your money back.
For me the convenience trumps everything.

I use a 10.5" IPAD for my MPP and Mavic Air and my SC for my M2Z. I know the IPAD is certainly bigger but it has never bothered me; I really love the quicker bag-to-air setup time with the SC. Hey, sometimes I still use my IPhone 8 (if the tablet is not charged) and I'm still happy to fly :)

For my M2P... SC for wuick setup and flight. CS for ability to carry extra charged batteries (good for 6-10 aircraft batteries) and not being tied to a charge station or my car.

Hello all ! I just got a mavic 2 pro from a local guy here and I'm looking for some input .I currently fly with a crystal sky and thought about getting a smart controller. my cs is a 7.85 in . So I guess my question is what are some thoughts or advice on getting a smart controller or stay with cs. Thanks for any and all input.
I find the smart controller makes flying for cinematic footage much easier it is much easier to keep your fingers positioned at the sticks and buttons while not having to carry a heavy load however the screen being very small is one downside. I have both crystal sky and smart controller because unfortunately you do you need a back up sometimes

I'm not sure what everyone's experience is with a slow start yp, but my CS will turn on automatically once the controller is turned on and default to the DJI Go4 screen very quickly, if you have the connection established to the AC it brings up the "gofly" almost screen straight away. Not sure what the delay is that everyone is describing but my setup takes about 30seconds to get to the ready to fly status, this is using the DJI CS mount

Well I don't have any problem with the crystal sky , just that the sc is less to carry , ,but I'm not sure about the smaller screen size. I may order a refurbished SC from DJ I and just give it a try.
Thanks to everyone for your time and input.

I have both the 7.8 CS and the SC, which I just recently purchased. I like the SC and can recommend it. I fly the Mavic 2 Zoom and also use the DJI Goggles quite a bit. I bought the SC because it was just too heavy and cumbersome to fly with the CS while using the goggles. I now find it much easier to fly while using the goggles and also the SC. There are time that i miss the larger screen and the ability to have a shade surrounding the screen when using the CS. But for the most part, the SC screen is large enough and very bright. It works just fine. I think you would find that you will use both the CS and SC on various occasions and be happy with both.

YES ! My thoughts exactly ! I use goggles with the crystal sky and sun shade as well. But sometimes I think the sc would be easier to deal with. I'm almost ready to order the sc from DJI and try it . Thanks for your input.

Mine arrive tomorrow. I can’t wait

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters