DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller USB Charger

mr.jipi_

Reactions
What kind of charger are you using ?

I received my Smart Controller today and it doesn’t come with a charger.

What 3rd party charger do you use to have the fastest charging time ?

I know any 12v / 2a Smart charge will work, but I wanted to know if any of you had suggestions for the fastest (safe) charging available.

Thanks,

Reactions: harleymhs
The radio will take two forevers to charge if what you’re using doesn’t support QC3 regardless of specs.

Yup. They come with a black DJI charger and cable.
You can use an ipad charger and will work fine.

That’s strange ! Mine came with fast charger block .. it will still work with any usb charge block but will take longer ...
you can tell the difference while charging in the lights on SC .. lights flash faster with DJI charger ...

Mine came with a charger and usb c cable. Purchased a fast charging hub from amazon can charge 4 batteries and my SC.it was a good investment now I don’t have to charge my batteries one by one

Get a charger that supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3 protocol. That’s the magic word that’s impossible to track down for people that get a refurbished radio that doesn’t come with a charger. I use these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019GQ6S2C

and

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J2X83MB

You are right! I have a dozen wall charger of different brands and none of them seems to be "quick" charge. Even the iPad Pro one. I just ordered some Qualcomm 3.0. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

You are right! I have a dozen wall charger of different brands and none of them seems to be "quick" charge. Even the iPad Pro one. I just ordered some Qualcomm 3.0. Thanks everyone for the feedback!
Sure, no problem. Even the 100 watt charger for the 16" Macbook Pro won't charge the radio quickly. It specifically needs QC2 for fast charging. QC3 is backwards compatible. The one I linked has the highest wattage I've seen for any of the portable chargers and great reviews. I swapped out the wall outlet where I normally charge my batteries for the one in my second link and typically just use it to charge the radio directly. It's fast and works like a charm. Like others said, if the radio is fast charging, the indicator lights that show charge progress will move more quickly.

From the DJI Forum: The DJI Smart Controller also supports Quick Charging ( It supports QC2.0 Quick Charging via the type-C port at the bottom of the controller ). So not 3.0 but QC 2.0.

From the DJI Forum: The DJI Smart Controller also supports Quick Charging ( It supports QC2.0 Quick Charging via the type-C port at the bottom of the controller ). So not 3.0 but QC 2.0.
Yep. My understanding is that QC3 is backwards compatible with QC2, so when looking for a charger, you don't have to try and find one that only supports QC2. QC3 will work as well.

Reactions: zeusfl and mr.jipi_
Yep. My understanding is that QC3 is backwards compatible with QC2, so when looking for a charger, you don't have to try and find one that only supports QC2. QC3 will work as well.
I think it is , my QC3 hub fast charges it. One thing to note when you get your new charger op is that when the controller is above I think 95% charged it throttles the charger voltage and amps down.

I think it is , my QC3 hub fast charges it. One thing to note when you get your new charger op is that when the controller is above I think 95% charged it throttles the charger voltage and amps down.
That JuicEHub looks nice. Has a QC3 port too. Trying to find a US source.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123