DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Users

dirtfishingman

Reactions
Guys,
Newbie here and I have been Using my Samsung Note 10+ and Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite to control my mini and MA2. My tablet is ok in the sun but mainly use this in the evening of cloudy days. My Note is amazing in the sun. My ? is what can you do with a smart controller that you cant do with my devices. Just seeing if I would need one.

Thanks for the feed back.

Guys,
Newbie here and I have been Using my Samsung Note 10+ and Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite to control my mini and MA2. My tablet is ok in the sun but mainly use this in the evening of cloudy days. My Note is amazing in the sun. My ? is what can you do with a smart controller that you cant do with my devices. Just seeing if I would need one.

I love the SC mostly because of convenience, no need to hook up cables etc. Plus it's a high brightness monitor. I use it for my M2P, M2ED and MA2. I've loaded the Google Play Store on it so any app can be loaded on it. The only down-side I've found is Drone Deploy isn't compatible, you have to use DJI Pilot PE to do mapping.

my main reasons for getting the smart controller over the stock: was the faster setup/teardown, dont need to mess with removing case from phone. putting phone in arms of RC while messing with plug, or no need to mess with the tablet mount then plugging tablet in. also its it easier to launch the drone as i simple turn on RC and drone. and bam up in the air. same when done flying. turn off rc and drone then put into the case. with out having to fool around with the before mentioned phone/tablet. also for charging purposes its easier for me as i dont need to worry on charging the tablet/phone before the flights so its one less thing to be plugged and charged.

only downside for me was prior to the smart rc i used a 8in samsung S2 so going from the larger screen size down to the what 6in screen of the rc. but its much brighter and easier for me so it was worth it

cool thanks guys. Does the wifi have to be on or can you use it in airplane mode like my phone and tablet
You don't need to be connected to WiFi, I usually have the hotspot on my phone turned on though so maps don't need to be cached prior to arriving at my flight location.

Guys,

You will also find that in extreme temps and weather the SC will out perform the Phone and I pads.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Float on water.

Guys,

Nobody needs one. But I love mine just for the convenience how well it works better range HDMI output.
Feels good in your hand.

did i see it right that there is an HDMI out on the controller asewll? is that for a second monitor?
Yes and I use a second monitor the incredibly bright 2,200NIT Feelworld 7 inch monitor, just to display the camera view on. It too has an HDMI socket, so I run the SC HDMI into the Fellworld HDMI plug. Nothing out there (Not even the superbright Crystal Sky) is as bright as that 7 series monitor. Be aware that Feelworld make several monitors so not all are the 2,200NIT versions.

One of the coolest features with the Monitors is the Zoom function and the better color image from the SC.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Float on Water.

Screenshot 10-11-2020 21.38.47.jpgScreenshot 10-11-2020 21.38.13.jpg

Screenshot 10-24-2020 17.39.00.jpg

I love the SC mostly because of convenience, no need to hook up cables etc. Plus it's a high brightness monitor. I use it for my M2P, M2ED and MA2. I've loaded the Google Play Store on it so any app can be loaded on it. The only down-side I've found is Drone Deploy isn't compatible, you have to use DJI Pilot PE to do mapping.
How did you load the Google Play Store - when I go into Settings/Apps/App Permissions I don't see it there - I am a beginner at this overall so excuse this possibly dumb question

How did you load the Google Play Store - when I go into Settings/Apps/App Permissions I don't see it there - I am a beginner at this overall so excuse this possibly dumb question

I too have been trying to figure out how to get the Play Store installed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3