DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller V2?

flydronefly

Reactions
The DJI Smart Controller has been out for some time now and I honestly can't find anything wrong with it. However, at $750 it's too much of a price to pay I think. Plus, I think that the SC may not take full advantage of new transmission technology. I would love to see a cheaper version of the Smart Controller to come out, something that can be compatible to all "next gen" DJI drones and priced around 300-400 range. Of course that's gonna make all included standard remote obselete, but hey that's what I want! Is that possible or am I dreaming?

The Smart Controller is the only DJI item that has gained value over the years and that is amazing.
Its not perfect but many of us have found it a nice balance now that we can fly so many drones with it.

There is a chip shortage in the world right now , so nothing new will be coming any time soon and I am thinking that the Mavic 3 will also be using the Smart Controller which will be ok with me.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in your DJI in the Rain.

Reactions: merak75
Yep, it’s expensive but I’ve never regretted the purchase. It costs us $1090.00 here in Australia so you guys in the USA get it cheaper than we do.(If you don’t take the exchange rate into account ?)

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yep, it’s expensive but I’ve never regretted the purchase. It costs us $1090.00 here in Australia so you guys in the USA get it cheaper than we do.(If you don’t take the exchange rate into account ?)
$827 when converted now. Are all drone stuff more expensive there?

Not sure if you are dreaming or not... but the Smart Controller is such a great product. I have never regretted buying it. It is worth the money... regardless of the exchange rate. Turn it on and you're ready to go... and great battery life to boot.

Of all the extra bits & pieces I have purchased for my M2P the Smart Controller has stood out as the No1 item, ok it has its flaws, installing 3rd party apps such as Litchi, lack of 3G/4G, crashing (Litchi) at random times etc, but the pure ease of use compared to when I had to use my Samsung S9 & standard controller is so much easier & quicker now, I am up in the air in a fraction of the time it used to take, would I still recommend it yes absolutely, would I wait for a MK2 version again yes, but only if it was a confirmed production model, so if you have the spare cash, grab one, you wont regret it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR