DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller will not update to latest software/firmware.

DioRox

Reactions
Hello everyone. I created a profile just to get help with this issue. I've read through everything on here and other forums trying to find a resolve, but to no avail. I'm extremely frustrated and would love any help.
I have the Mavic Pro 2. Purchased over a year ago, but have barely flown it, maybe 10 times. I downloaded the Assistant 2 for Mavic. I connected my drone to my laptop, updated it flawlessly. Then I connect my smart charger. I'm using a usba to usbc. It recognizes my SC, tells me I need the latest version, okay great. I click on it, it starts downloading. It gets to 99% complete, and then fails. I go into 'settings', and turn on all 3 of those, try it again, same issue. Then I get a usbc to usbc cable, try connecting it that way direct to my laptop (it's newer so it has this port), nope, doesn't see it. I go back to the first cable. I try changing the options it gives me upon connection, charge this device, transfer files, transfer photos and files, etc. I try each one. Nope. All in all, I've probably tried 17 times today, going on 5 hours now, trying to update this #$%^&* smart controller. I have no idea what to try next. I'm at my wits end. Please help.

Hello everyone. I created a profile just to get help with this issue. I've read through everything on here and other forums trying to find a resolve, but to no avail. I'm extremely frustrated and would love any help.
I have the Mavic Pro 2. Purchased over a year ago, but have barely flown it, maybe 10 times. I downloaded the Assistant 2 for Mavic. I connected my drone to my laptop, updated it flawlessly. Then I connect my smart charger. I'm using a usba to usbc. It recognizes my SC, tells me I need the latest version, okay great. I click on it, it starts downloading. It gets to 99% complete, and then fails. I go into 'settings', and turn on all 3 of those, try it again, same issue. Then I get a usbc to usbc cable, try connecting it that way direct to my laptop (it's newer so it has this port), nope, doesn't see it. I go back to the first cable. I try changing the options it gives me upon connection, charge this device, transfer files, transfer photos and files, etc. I try each one. Nope. All in all, I've probably tried 17 times today, going on 5 hours now, trying to update this #$%^&* smart controller. I have no idea what to try next. I'm at my wits end. Please help.
Try turning off the WIFI on the SC and make sure you do not have any other apps that you downloaded on the SC.

That should spring you past the 99% debacle if that does not work, you may have to got thru the entire checklist, but try that first.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water

Do a factory reset, connect to WiFi, start the update process and go for a long, long walk...

Two points, make sure you have enough memory (you should get a warning if you don't, cleanest old videos, stills and caches) and the 2nd point is you should be patient, the update has a weird feature that it hesitates for a long time at 16% and 99%. You may think its stalled but just leave it alone, it will eventually push through those %'s.

Reactions: Gary R and maggior
Try turning off the WIFI on the SC and make sure you do not have any other apps that you downloaded on the SC.

That should spring you past the 99% debacle if that does not work, you may have to got thru the entire checklist, but try that first.

Phantomrain.org
Hi there, thank you for your response. I tried with, and without Wifi being on, it didn't seem to make any difference. And, I have never downloaded any other apps to my SC.

Two points, make sure you have enough memory (you should get a warning if you don't, cleanest old videos, stills and caches) and the 2nd point is you should be patient, the update has a weird feature that it hesitates for a long time at 16% and 99%. You may think its stalled but just leave it alone, it will eventually push through those %'s.
I have under 1 gig used, with over 7 gigs free. I don't touch it when it's updating, I just leave it alone. It errors out and goes back to zero on it's own.

From what I understand, the smart controllers cannot be updated via wifi, is that incorrect?
They can. You just have to make sure you have it charged up. I believe it gives you a warning.

I have been there where it seems to hang at 16% and again at 99%. Just be patient.

And if the screen blanks out because of the screensaver, press the power button *briefly* and it will come back on.

I had problems with my SC and I went through this song and dance many times. First was a hardware problem but the first troubleshooting step is always factory reset. When I got my first replacement, it needed to be updated. The second replacement...same thing, update required. Good to go since (knock wood!).

Phantomrain.org
Wasn't there something in the early days of the SC where it wouldn't update if there was a memory card in the SC? If the software on the SC is really old, perhaps this is an issue.

Reactions: EricJT and m2zAL
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada