DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller

keobeer

Reactions
Hi, new to the drone scene. Just bought a Mavic Air 2 a few weeks ago and am using it with a Honor 8x. Find the screen on the 8x difficult to read in sunlight so thinking of buying the Smart Controller. Does the Smart Controller come with the DJI Fly app as well as the DJI Go 4 app or does it not matter when using the Controller as it will configure once you bind it to the Drone. Thanks from County Down, Northern Ireland.

Thanks for that. Will just go ahead and order. Hope I don't have to pay import duty over here. Just took photo of mountains of mourne the other day.View attachment 123711
Just so you know it may or may not have Fly App out of the box, it was recently added by firmware...So after you update it...There it will be. :) From there it will auto launch once you bind your MA2 to correct App...you have to turn all that on though...we will get to that later if you need help with settings. ;)

Thanks for that. May take you up on the assistance offer once the controller has arrived. Currently none available via Helliguy website. Did see a lot of negative feedback with regard to updating Controller via DJI Assistant 2.

Reactions: Drumsagard
Thanks for that. May take you up on the assistance offer once the controller has arrived. Currently none available via Helliguy website. Did see a lot of negative feedback with regard to updating Controller via DJI Assistant 2.
I updated it without any probs at all.

Reactions: inno and jetlag
Hi, new to the drone scene. Just bought a Mavic Air 2 a few weeks ago and am using it with a Honor 8x. Find the screen on the 8x difficult to read in sunlight so thinking of buying the Smart Controller. Does the Smart Controller come with the DJI Fly app as well as the DJI Go 4 app or does it not matter when using the Controller as it will configure once you bind it to the Drone. Thanks from County Down, Northern Ireland.
Hi Kroeber... glad to hear another pilot from Co Down... I’m thinking of getting thevSmart Controller myself... anything I have read has great reports about it....

I updated it without any probs at all.
I agree with drumsagard, yes there have been negative comments but if you thoroughly read the manual you'll find it easy to use. Another note as to dji assistant, I have most of the dji drones and depending on the model, it requires require a certain version of dji assistant. The one you need to use with the SC is dji assistant 2 for mavic.

I run both the dji go 4/Litchi - Mavic 2 Zoom and dji fly - Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Mini 2. And love it! I'm sure you'll love it too!

Happy and safe flying

What they said, you will not go wrong. Turn it on, turn drone on and go fly. That simple
That is what I love about the SC, you can have your bird in the air in a couple of minutes, no messing about with cables, phone or tablets etc.

Reactions: Timewarden
Hi Kroeber... glad to hear another pilot from Co Down... I’m thinking of getting thevSmart Controller myself... anything I have read has great reports about it....
Am still using Honor 8x phone, but hard to see in sunlight, if I ever get any. Just looked on DJI website and it seems that there may be an update for the controller, so may wait til that happens. Its certainly windy here.

I agree with drumsagard, yes there have been negative comments but if you thoroughly read the manual you'll find it easy to use. Another note as to dji assistant, I have most of the dji drones and depending on the model, it requires require a certain version of dji assistant. The one you need to use with the SC is dji assistant 2 for mavic.

I run both the dji go 4/Litchi - Mavic 2 Zoom and dji fly - Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Mini 2. And love it! I'm sure you'll love it too!

Happy and safe flying
Thanks for that. May wait and once the mini 2 is sorted with Controller will buy both to go with my Air 2.:D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser