DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smatree MA Case

bytebiz

Reactions
Anybody using this case? I'm curious about the outside shell and how much protection it offers - I'm not looking for something that's bulletproof (there seem to be a number of hard shell cases out there that fit that bill - e.g., the Harbor Freight case mentioned in other threads) but rather a case that is compact and offers reasonable protection against mild bumps.

From the looks of it this case seems to have one of those semi-rigid outer shells that will deflect when a moderate amount of pressure is applied - just looking to confirm that. Thx.

I picked up this same case because I didn’t really like the small polarpro case. I really like it. It has room for everything including my tablet mount. I was able to also use a thin piece of foam to cover half of the inside and lay my tablet down as well.

$39 Amazon Prime[emoji106]
Yeah it's strange pricing - Amazon has your Smatree case for the Pro at $39 while the same (essentially) case for the Air is $49. I guess they want to clear out the Pro cases before the MP2 comes along and at the same time capitalize on new MA owners need to load up on accessories ;-)

Anybody using this case?

For my two MPs I have both the $120 backpack and the smaller one similar to the one in your link. The smaller one is VERY popular on Amazon, the backpack not so much, but they are both the best I could find. However, some have reported defective zippers. If you get one, Amazon will pay the return shipping and replace it. For the reason to return, always select "inaccurate website description."

From the looks of it this case seems to have one of those semi-rigid outer shells that will deflect when a moderate amount of pressure is applied - just looking to confirm that. Thx.

Yes you are correct about the deflection. However, the EVA foam is very firm and everything fits below the level of the foam so unless the impact was from a sharp or pointy object over one of the cutouts, I doubt you would do any significant damage. In fact (I wouldn't try this with your tablet laying on top as I had mine) I bet you could sit on the case and not hurt anything since the weight would be distributed across the solid parts of the foam.

Though this post is in regard the Smatree case for the MA... In my research for a case for my MA I did look at the Smatree Case but ultimately decided to go with the GPC case for the MA. A little bit bigger but oh my gosh, room for 4 batteries (5 if one is on the Air) and locations for everything you could "Need" to be able to grab and go at any moment. The case is very rugged and a very good tight fit for the contents inside and also the case itself. Something to look at anyway. I'm 100% satisfied and glad that I chose this particular case. I have nothing against the Smatee case or their products. I am only posting my reply to give another opinion of "Hard cases for drones", options.

I got the Hermit Shell: $20.99

Its fits the bill, but can't fit everything at once. Prop guards, 4-station charger, Ipad mini, Phone/Ipad holder with Lanyard, extra props, etc.
I saw a you-tube video where someone bought a Mavic 2 case, which then can hold the MA in the DJI supplied MA case, and the controller without having to take the sticks off. So, I am looking for a bigger case that can hold more and came across this thread.

Here's the same case for $12.63 on eBay:
I got this case for my MA. Bought it from china for 15usd. I looks good, all slots are in good size. The only issue I have is a slot for Micro USB to USB C adapter which is too deep. I can recommend this case for this value.

I know this is for their soft case but for a pelican style hard case... I use the Smatree hard case for the MA when I need to be safe about packing it. I found that case is quality. Very happy with it. Fyi. Link here. CASE

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00