DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Snow Canyon, St. George UT, Spectacular Vistas scrambling up the canyon wall!

Karlewski

Reactions
I took a road trip to the south west with my buddy Spencer for some warm climbing adventures, first stop St. George, Snow Canyon State Park. For a small park this place has Stunning rock formations with incredible striations of red and white. We did a shorter warm up climb here in anticipation of the bigger tough climbs in Red Rock Canyon near Las Vegas.

I took a road trip to the south west with my buddy Spencer for some warm climbing adventures, first stop St. George, Snow Canyon State Park. For a small park this place has Stunning rock formations with incredible striations of red and white. We did a shorter warm up climb here in anticipation of the bigger tough climbs in Red Rock Canyon near Las Vegas.
Another fabulous presentation!

Great video as always. How did you do the trail/gps points and the cool map rotations in the beginning?

Ok, this is not my normal place to be, but my dad lives right there and I am very familar with snow canyon. Thus I will ask, did you apply five days in advance for a permit before you flew? That is a regulation there. Of course that depends where you flew from.

And if I was flying from inside park boundaries I would have definitely have gotten way more cool shots of us actually climbing, as well as cruising in those epic colorful deep canyons but. . . I will definitely be applying for the permit next visit now that I know, tracker, thanks for the info. And a bigger thank- you to all for your support. This is one very cool place and a great winter escape.
Google earth is great for laying out these adventures, start a “project” type in locations, then add the locations to your project. From there choose a location and start playing with the view controls. A pop up will ask something like, save as view for location. Click that. Do that for a few locations and then screen record while selecting the various locations… PITA to learn but steep Learning curve.

Reactions: Twocalf
Superb, very immersive, thoroughly enjoyable.
You are both much braver than I. 10/10

Hi Karl,
Incredible these rock formations, wow! The incredibel colors are just stunning! I have again very well entertained with your new video. I envy you a little that you have such fantastic landscapes practically on your doorstep! Thanks for showing, it was once again very entertaining and very exciting! 👍👍 😉
cheers and thanks,
Paul

I do feel incredibly grateful for the natural beauty here in the Western US but, I too so often feel envy, the envy of not being somewhere in Europe, there is such an amazing concentration of incredible places to visit with sea, cliffs and mountains even taller than mine, the Dolomites and the Swiss alps look just as amazing and so many more places so close and easily reached, like Spain and Morocco! I hope to see them all but, either way, I will be grateful for what I have, I know it is all an awesome gift of creation to be cherished.
I have truly search far and wide, both long and hard to find and visit the most amazing places I can reach and then pushed my self physically and mentally even harder once I arrive to capture each wonderful destination so we can all share it and I'll always have the keep sake of these videos in my scrape book. Living on the edge and generally solo has always been my way. I've got several more adventure in the works I am very proud of and, I'm super excited to share them all! Sometime I think, when I'm up there clawing my way over some icy cliff the true lucky ones are sipping a warm tea in front of the fire while watching. . . I plan on savoring that moment too!

Total BS side note, I saved a kitten last mid September on my way home from an epic San Juan climbing trip (Some of my best videos) Driving home from that, Exhausted, I pulled off the highway into some sticker bush desert badlands when this tiny kitten came crawling out of the brush with his fluffy coat loaded with prickers. I gave him yogurt and water which instantly devoured, he was dyeing, so I took him home. I even arranged to give him away once home but, I fell in love and kept him. He is growing like CRAZY now and after realizing he's not normal I started asking around. Turns out he perfectly fits the description of a Main Coon Cat. The largest and one of the most friendly domestic cats in North America. The Puppy of the cat world, he weighs 12 pounds now at a guessimated 5 months old, judging by when he started loosing his teeth, I think he's going to be a huge, and he is very cool and lovable. They sell for $1,500-$3,000 here! I used t think I had dumb luck but, now I think its more about doing so many things that some good luck (and bad) is bound to happen. If you just keep trying hard and smart, some good is bound to happen. Human tenacity is truly our gift. . . Pics are, On our way home, day 1 and yesterday!

Attachments

• IMG_5188.jpeg
    IMG_5188.jpeg
    560.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 8.35.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 8.35.19 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
otal BS side note, I saved a kitten last mid September on my way home from an epic San Juan climbing trip (Some of my best videos) Driving home from that, Exhausted, I pulled off the highway into some sticker bush desert badlands when this tiny kitten came crawling out of the brush with his fluffy coat loaded with prickers. I gave him yogurt and water which instantly devoured, he was dyeing, so I took him home. I even arranged to give him away once home but, I fell in love and kept him. He is growing like CRAZY now and after realizing he's not normal I started asking around. Turns out he perfectly fits the description of a Main Coon Cat. The largest and one of the most friendly domestic cats in North America. The Puppy of the cat world, he weighs 12 pounds now at a guessimated 5 months old, judging by when he started loosing his teeth, I think he's going to be a huge, and he is very cool and lovable. They sell for $1,500-$3,000 here! I used t think I had dumb luck but, now I think its more about doing so many things that some good luck (and bad) is bound to happen. If you just keep trying hard and smart, some good is bound to happen. Human tenacity is truly our gift. . . Pics are, On our way home, day 1 and yesterday!
Hi Karl,
What a beautiful story about the Maine Coon cat! Thank you for saving him, you and your wife are good and very kind people!
I was sad when I saw the photo of your new darling...Why? Well, about two years ago we had to release our Maine Coon named "Sunny Boy", from his suffering he had incurable kidney cancer.😰 He was only 9 years old and we miss him very much! We still have a Maine Coon girl named Minka. She is 11 years old and just adorable!
I wish you a lot of fun with..Hm...what is his name?

KInd regards, also to your wife!
Paul

Here you can see SunnyBoy, he massages the Minka 😉

Last edited:
Wow, I can’t believe we have so much in common. . . I just lost a Siamese about a month ago. The sweetest, friendliest, most eager to please, he was only 11.. my wife cried her eyes out! I have had a few cats in my day and that one was the only one I considered really special, until Rodney!
He‘s just so friendly and easy going but, OMG when he gets excited he goes crazy, runs and jumps all over, flying squirrel cat with a tail to prove it! Paul, how much did Sunnyboy and Mika weigh?

Hi Karl,
yes it seems that we have some things in common, but unfortunately not physical fitness! I could never climb mountains, ok, I'm already 78 and so seen, you are of course ahead of me by a lot! 😉 I love all animals and me and my wife are even for ethical reasons!
The Minka weighs around pounds and Sunny Boy weighed about 19.5 pounds!
Besides the Minka we also have 4 cats, but no Maine Coon! We also have three dogs, a Chihuaha, a Pug and a street dog from Romania. We also have three dogs, a Chihuaha, a Pug and a street dog from Romania. A small zoo 😂
When Minka and Sunny were still young, they were also very playful and jumped around playing with each other! What both are and were, they are so gentle and would never hiss or need the claws, just gentle giants

cheers Paul and have a nice weekend with your family and Rodney 😉👍

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje