DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So after a LOT of messing around trying to get an Android tablet to work with my Mavic Pro I ended up with an Apple ipad and works flawlessly.

bobstaff

Reactions
Now I buy a M2ED and I see the apple version of DJI Pilot only has half the functions of the android version?

Anyone heard of any talk about making both versions the same??

I see the apple version of DJI Pilot only has half the functions of the android version?
What are you missing? If it's the 'Missions', use DJI GSPro.

Well, I'm most definitely not an Apple Fanboi. I would prefer to use Android. BUT my experience has been the same as yours. I purchased a decent Android tablet for the purpose and the app kept crashing intermittently whilst flying. I tried the tablet my employers have given me and it works flawlessly. An iPad air of some ilk??? I ended up buying a mini 4 and it works perfectly with my M2Z.

What are you missing? If it's the 'Missions', use DJI GSPro.
I understood that the GS Pro doesn't work on the enterprise. I thought only the Pilot works on it now. Ya its the mission planning i would like. I'm also disappointed that apparentky this doesn't have intelligent flight modes either.
I guess I will be keeping my Mavic Pro for that stuff.

Well, I'm most definitely not an Apple Fanboi. I would prefer to use Android. BUT my experience has been the same as yours. I purchased a decent Android tablet for the purpose and the app kept crashing intermittently whilst flying. I tried the tablet my employers have given me and it works flawlessly. An iPad air of some ilk??? I ended up buying a mini 4 and it works perfectly with my M2Z.
This ipad is the only apple product i own. My plan was to use it for flying only, but now it appears I still need to keep 2 controllers available.

Well, I'm most definitely not an Apple Fanboi. I would prefer to use Android. BUT my experience has been the same as yours. I purchased a decent Android tablet for the purpose and the app kept crashing intermittently whilst flying.
Sounds like that Android tablet either wasn't as "decent" as you hoped or it wasn't configured properly.
There are many that run DJI apps flawlessly.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
I have had the same experience many years ago, tried using Samsung tablet,
other tablets as well whiteout success. Until somebody on this forum pointed out to me to read the box my MP box it came in. It said, for best results use a apple device, sure enough many years later, two MP. Now have two iPad mini 4 tablets, no issues with connecting what so ever. Don.t remember exact wording, but DJI products seem to work better with apple tablets. Anyway that's my experience, got tired of others saying they have other tablets that work good for them. Well, I did not fly for month, because something was always going wrong, could not depend on a good flight.

Reactions: rconradvt
Until somebody on this forum pointed out to me to read the box my MP box it came in. It said, for best results use a apple device, sure enough many years later, two MP. Now have two iPad mini 4 tablets, no issues with connecting what so ever. Don.t remember exact wording, but DJI products seem to work better with apple tablets.
There was nothing on the box that said for best results use a apple device.
This was what you saw on the box:
i-zdk2C5q.jpg

It doesn't mean for best results ... , it doesn't mean only works with ... etc.
It's a licensing program for developers of hardware and software peripherals that work with Apple devices.
That simply means DJI has paid Apple to have them certify that it does work with Apple devices.
But it works with Android devices too.
And many Android devices will run DJI apps at least as well as Apple devices, despite the numerous forum posts suggesting otherwise.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
There was nothing on the box that said for best results use a apple device.
This was what you saw on the box:
i-zdk2C5q.jpg

It doesn't mean for best results ... , it doesn't mean only works with ... etc.
It's a licensing program for developers of hardware and software peripherals that work with Apple devices.
That simply means DJI has paid Apple to have them certify that it does work with Apple devices.
But it works with Android devices too.
And many Android devices will run DJI apps at least as well as Apple devices, despite the numerous forum posts suggesting otherwise.

Agreed, I was almost swayed to buy an ipad mini 4 for my drone due to the feedback here but couldn't stomach paying so much more for a lower spec device just for the drone so bought a Galaxy Tab S3 instead. It's worked perfectly with the DJI Go software without any tweaking and a far better spec than a mini 4, people seem almost as quick to have a dig at Android devices as they are to conveniently forget problems with Apple devices. I'm especially glad I didn't buy a Mini 4 when I see threads like this recommending buying an ipad mini 5 as a solution to problems with the Mini 4:

Reactions: Meta4
Sorry to resurrect this thread. I am shopping for a Galaxy Tab. A colleague has a Tab S6....and wow! But the price is "wow" also.
How old into the Galaxy Tab S's can I go and still be good....and also be able to edit 4k video from the tablet? My iPad Air 2 crashes every time I try to open Pixel.

My iPad mini 4 works flawlessly with both of my Mavic Pros.
Has been for 4 years, no issues, either. Love to be on the same page.

So I took the DEEP plunge and got a Galaxy Tab s6 and so far so good. Full functions on both drones.
It feels good to be down to 1 tablet.
IPad Air2 for sale!,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123