DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So greatfull for this forum

Lone Wolf 58

Reactions
I have been laid up from spinal surgery since January and joined this forum when I ordered my mavic. It was meant to be an incentive to get well and learn about this new hobby which I have wondered about for so long.

This site has given me so much more. It has taught me so much and has opened my mind up to the world and what others are thinking from around the world, not just the USA. I have seen where others live. What their geography is and how much they are like myself. They are no longer forien to me, rather I find we are all pretty much alike with very similar ways and interests in this world.

Because I am stranded and can't do much right now as far as getting around I check the site out every couple of hours to see how many new pilots have checked in, where they are from etc. It has been great to keep my mind active and not dwell on my own situation. It has also given me a few New perspectives from reading other views and opinions. This hobby/sport has been great thus far as it has truly been a god send to me. I thank you all and keep on posting and supporting each other thru dialogue.

Again thank you for keeping me sane and mentally alive.[emoji2]

I wish you a speedy recovery. I was laid up for a few months, and also relied heavily on forums and Youtube to help make the days go by faster. Have you been able to fly at all since your surgery?

I too have spinal injuries, my spine is fused from the top of my cervix to the bottom of my lumbar, but I try not to let it get in my way of everyday life. The major problem I have with the Mavic and a fused spine is picking it up off the ground. Since I cant really bend over, I use grabbers to get the Mav back into my car.

I hope youre able to get out and enjoy your Mavic soon.

I had a cyst which was causing me problems walking. Had it drained and was in recover and my toes on one foot turned purple from lack of circulation. Thought I was going to loose several toes. Have had several more procedures to in crease circulation to the toes and am waiting to heal. Still up in the air on one toe. Never been laid up before or out of work for so long. Sure have enjoyed people posts though. As far as flying. Yes just indoors so far due to snow and weather but hope to change that soon.

Thanks for the come back.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thanks lfti
Looks like I'm going to loose a toe or two. Will find out in a few days. Still can't wait to fly my bird outside. Until then I'll fly thru you all. Thanks again for the encouragement can't tell you what it means to me.

Lone wolf!!!! Another brother with back pain, we're in the same boat buddy. This is a great hobby for guys like us, we can fly inside and outside when weather lets us, we can sit down to rest while we fly and we don't have to break a sweat like those young kids playing all those fun damm sports. This forum is awesome, I'm sure I'll see you around on here.
Take care of yourself and have a blast flying these cool man toys

Reactions: Soundtekk
Keeps getting worse. They talk about wanting to maybe amputating a leg

Guess I'll have to build a launch pad off my deck. Flying inside sucks. Had to buy blade guards as I kept hitting the wall every time I got carried away and the old lady got pissed cause it messed up the paint on the wall not to mention I broke a couple blades.

You guys keep it cool and keep posting. Gives me something to do all day.

Hey old lone wolf! How ya feeling old timer? You get your crippled old but up and outside yet to fly your cool man toy? Or are you still laid up and stuck inside flying with a low ceiling? Been thinking about you and hoping for the best hang in there buddy

Haven't. Made it outside yet. Have all I can do to make it to the car for a doctor appointment . They want to cut off a toe now so it looks like some more. Rehab. I'll get there one way or. Another

Thanks for. The thread I really look forward to the correspondence.

Let the doc have the toe, but never give them your quad!!Those are priceless and when it comes to toes , ya got 9 others so you'll be ok bud

Yeah I know just want to get back.on my feet and. Fly my bird. Had the boys.from work make me a lunch pad to put on the deck so I'll try really so.

You know what they say. You can't keep a good man down. I'll make it back, one way or another. Pain.meds kicking in time for nap.

Take care

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929