DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So I cannot fly my Mavic 3 anywhere in my city because we have a local airport??

Mantrain

Reactions
i am able to fly my AIR 2 S and drones are allowed up to 200 feet where I live and a few blocks down up to 400 feet.

But I am getting a unlock screen and when I go to unlock it says "feature available soon."

So I bought this expensive drone and I cannot even legally fly it where I live?????????????????

If its legal for an Air 2S to fly up to 200ft why would it be illegal for the M3 to do the same?
Are you perhaps confusing "legal" with the limitations that DJI set?

Reactions: MARK (LI)
well I tried to fly it in a blue zone, about 2 blocks from a red zone.

My Air2s flys here no problem. I had to jump through a few unlocks hoops on the DGY Fly app.

Also seems that my Air 2 S can recognize terrain and increase its altitude if for example you are flying uphill.

I tried this in another area where there are no unlock issues. I tried flying it up a hill where there is a gentle slop e upward but once the Mavic 3 reached its 198 max it would not climb even though it was bout 15' above the slope of the hill.

Seems like the Air2S is a better drone in some ways but I want the better camera of the Mavic 3 too.

Reactions: Gallego1
I don't know if this would apply in your "blue" zone you're referring to however... I live in a warning zone of a small regional airport and reached out to DJI about it. They gave me a 1 year unlock so I don't have to screw around with it. May be worth a shot in your case.

What is the location you're having a problem with? If you can show us on the map or give specific location we can look at it and give some suggestions.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
What is the location you're having a problem with? If you can show us on the map or give specific location we can look at it and give some suggestions.
thank you maybe in a private message I would do that but I do not want to broadcast where I reside near.

Also, I did reach out to DJI seems like there is an unlock process need to go through.

Can anyone tell me which android app to use? The one I downloaded did not have the Mavic 3 to connect to. Thank you!

Trying to use my android phone instead of ios and in the DJY Fly drop down it did not populate with Mavic 3 or even Air2s so it makes me think there is another android app I need.

Can someone confirm which specific app is for Mavic 3 and Android devices? Thank you so much!

Trying to use my android phone instead of ios and in the DJY Fly drop down it did not populate with Mavic 3 or even Air2s so it makes me think there is another android app I need.

Can someone confirm which specific app is for Mavic 3 and Android devices? Thank you so much!

Unless something has changed recently, I didn't think the Fly App was in the store for Android any longer. You have (had?) to download it directly from the link above. You want the DJI Fly App, not the GO/GO 4 App.

Unless something has changed recently, I didn't think the Fly App was in the store for Android any longer. You have (had?) to download it directly from the link above. You want the DJI Fly App, not the GO/GO 4 App.
I am sorry so you are saying the Fly app is no longer available but that is what I need?

This is the strangest thing. How can I be on the DJI Go 4 app and there is no selection available to connect to a Mavic 3. In fact I do not see a connection for an Air model at all either.

There must be a way to connect a Mavic 3 to an android device though.

actually I see an option to connect a Mavic Air. not an Air2 or Air 2S

The DJI Go 4 app did not show the Mavic 3. Sorry not the FlyApp. I dl'd the GO 4 and there was no Mavic 3 in the dropdown to connect to
That’s because the Mavic 3 doesn’t use the GO 4 app. It uses the Fly App. Download it directly from DJIs site on a compatible android device.

The update to this thread is something very simple:

Firmware and DB updates.

No issues I think all good.

I see your location says "San Diego". I do hope you're taking the time to research FAA Airspace issues in your area in addition to DJI GeoFencing. Keep in mind that one has no direct correlation to the other in any way. Getting a DJI Approval does nothing in regards to getting the required Airspace Approval to fly in controlled airspace.

You have some "busy" airspace all around the San Diego area so be sure you're getting FAA Airspace approval in areas needing it. See Map:

SanDiegoAirspace.jpg

Also, as far as terrain and flying up a hill. You need to have APAS in "Bypass" mode. Go to menu, safety. Scroll down a bit to obstacle avoidance APAS settings and change, if it is in "Brake" or "Off" -switch to "Bypass" - Now your aircraft will keep altitude as needed) and some even when not needed if the sun is low, lol!

I live in San Diego as well. It is one big no fly zone. Take your pick of international and regional air ports as well as Navy (Miramar) and Marine Corp flight and training paths. If this were New York I would just say "forget about it". I do not fly in San Diego at all anymore. There are small windows of opportunity in the city but you almost always have an altitude restriction. Usually 100 to 200 feet. Really? Why bother. I have to go about 28 miles east on Interstate 8 to have pretty much unrestricted flight. Can't go south you run into Mexico and then you have the boarder patrol and international border to deal with. North and you run into a very large Camp Pendleton Marine Base. West, well you better have your water proof skin on the bird cause you will be going swimming. No I have not covered all areas of the city but when you check an area most of the no fly or restrict zones are huge. Matter of fact having been here the last couple of years cannot recall seeing one recreational drone in a city of this size, except the military ones and the Border Patrol ones. Just saying if you want to fly in San Diego area you have to work for it. I am use to New Mexico when I could step outside and have unrestricted air space and flat landscape for miles in every direction. It kind of spoils you for everywhere else. Just saying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters