DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So I crashed my Mavic 2 into water and it's not working

jaysmithtechtv

Reactions
I was told that the mainboard needs to be replaced but as I know that a lot of DJI's spare parts need to be calibrated, I'm somewhat hesitant to purchase it for $350. Does anyone know if you can just put the mainboard into a drone without calibration or anything? I've done it to a Canon camera that was broken and it worked fine but I'm not sure about the drone. Any help will be appreciated.

I was told that the mainboard needs to be replaced but as I know that a lot of DJI's spare parts need to be calibrated, I'm somewhat hesitant to purchase it for $350. Does anyone know if you can just put the mainboard into a drone without calibration or anything? I've done it to a Canon camera that was broken and it worked fine but I'm not sure about the drone. Any help will be appreciated.
Was this freshwater or saltwater? What did you do to it immediately after it got soaked? If it was salt water, I would say to not even try, and just write it off as a loss. If it was fresh water, you may have a chance depending on what you did to it after.

As to replacing the main board, I don't know what calibration you speak of. An IMU calibration would be a good idea after replacing components like that. These parts are interchangeable. If it is only the main board that has a problem then yes you can simply replace it and get it working again. However if there are other bad components then you will be going down a rabbit hole replacing one thing after another.

So I would recommend either scrapping it or sending it in to a reputable repair center so that they can properly evaluate it and give you a total estimate for all necessary repairs.

Was this freshwater or saltwater?
{/QUOTE}

It was freshwater

What did you do to it immediately after it got soaked?

I tried to dry it out with rice but when I powered it on, nothing happens. The battery will power one but when I actually put it in the drone, the battery just shuts down. If I try to power up the battery in the drone, the lights on the battery will stay on for as long as I'm holding the power button but as soon as I let go of it, the battery shuts down.

As to replacing the main board, I don't know what calibration you speak of.

It was with a DJI Smart Controller that I wanted to get repaired. One antenna was broken and the repair shop I contacted said that it'd need to be calibrated to work with the controller and only DJI has the software. So I just figured that maybe the same applies to the mainboard.

These parts are interchangeable. If it is only the mainboard that has a problem then yes you can simply replace it and get it working again.

Great! Question answered

However, if there are other bad components then you will be going down a rabbit hole replacing one thing after another.

Drat

So I would recommend either scrapping it or sending it into a reputable repair center so that they can properly evaluate it and give you a total estimate for all necessary repairs.
I think I'll order the mainboard and if after replacing it, the drone still doesn't work, I'll send it in for repair. Thanks

How do you know the Motherboard needs to be replaced? How do you know only that needs to be replaced? If you are going to repair the Drone instead of just purchasing a new one, then I would have a professional do the work.

How do you know the Motherboard needs to be replaced? How do you know only that needs to be replaced? If you are going to repair the Drone instead of just purchasing a new one, then I would have a professional do the work.
I'm not certain but that's what usually needs to be replaced

At the cost of a new board I would muxh rather have a professional look at it and then if he confirms its a board then by all means take it back and do it yourself but I wouldn’t be just throwing 350 on a could be the problem

At the cost of a new board I would muxh rather have a professional look at it and then if he confirms its a board then by all means take it back and do it yourself but I wouldn’t be just throwing 350 on a could be the problem
To be honest, I'd do the same but I'm not sure if anyone is going to diagnose the issue with the drone and tell you what it is without the assurance that they're going to benefit in some way. Plus, if the board doesn't do the trick, I can simply return it.

surely you can pay for diagnosing of a problem and estimated cost of repar .. doubt that u can get a refund on a baord that was installed

You can on eBay

Anyway, I decided to sell it and I just sold it for $550 on eBay, if anyone's interested in the accessories, let me know before I sell those too. Everything except for the controller is being sold as a bundle. I will not separate anything. You can buy either the controller, everything else, or both. Send me an offer. I'm looking for $550 for the fly-more combo and everything else and $250 for the controller. I'll see what's the best price I can get for it on the multiple selling websites and the highest price gets it. If I get no response, I'll list this one eBay and a couple of other websites tonight. Thanks
I have;
The controller
3 DJI Mavic 2 Pro batteries
Carrying case that comes with the Fly-More Combo
PGYTECH HD-ND filters; 64, 32, 16, and 8.
Freewell Clear-Night and CPL filters
Hassleblad F/2.8 EQV 28mm filter
Freewell 6-filter case
Chargers
PGYTECH Mavic 2 Legs
4 extra propellers
Camera hub
3 Azroic battery safe bags
Smatree Carrying case.

Sorry for your loss..... I fly with a drone life preserver.... check out drone-retriever.com Their unit has worked for me. Also they have excellent info and now they have a video on what to do after a water crash.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore