DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So I walked into a DJI store...

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
... Not an official store, but a store that ONLY sells DJI gear and accessories.

I was just browsing and the sales guy asked if I needed help, and I told him I was fine.

But then I asked... "Mavic Pro 3... do you know anything about January?"

And the guy swears to me, on his mothers life, and his own ( Mod Removed ), that there'll be no new Mavic Pro 3 for "at least" a year.

I ask him if there'll be a refresh (Like the Platinum did for the Mavic), and he's still pretty ( Mod Removed )sure there won't be. He says he knew about the Mini 4 months before it came out, and his store just put in a new order for "hundreds" more Pro 2's.

I tell him that the people I spoke to at the Apple Store found out about the 16" Macbook Pro as they got to work that day. He tells me it's not like that with DJI.

So.... is the thing getting a refresh/new model in January? Or is it a year away?

Last edited by a moderator:
... Not an official store, but a store that ONLY sells DJI gear and accessories.

I was just browsing and the sales guy asked if I needed help, and I told him I was fine.

And the guy swears to me, on his mothers life, and his own ( Mod Removed ) that there'll be no new Mavic Pro 3 for "at least" a year.

I ask him if there'll be a refresh (Like the Platinum did for the Mavic), and he's still pretty ( Mod Removed)sure there won't be. He says he knew about the Mini 4 months before it came out, and his store just put in a new order for "hundreds" more Pro 2's.

I tell him that the people I spoke to at the Apple Store found out about the 16" Macbook Pro as they got to work that day. He tells me it's not like that with DJI.

So.... is the thing getting a refresh/new model in January? Or is it a year away?
Sounds like arrogance. ?

Well you guys might find this thread interesting.

And the guy swears to me, on his mothers life, and his own ( Mod Removed ), that there'll be no new Mavic Pro 3 for "at least" a year.

I ask him if there'll be a refresh (Like the Platinum did for the Mavic), and he's still pretty ( Mod Removed )sure there won't be. He says he knew about the Mini 4 months before it came out, and his store just put in a new order for "hundreds" more Pro 2's.

Comparing Apple releases to DJI releases is like, well, comparing apples to oranges. Apple does not need to get FCC approval for a new model of the Macbook Pro. DJI would need to get FCC approval for a new drone model. FCC approvals are public information. A vendor can request a 45 day window to keep some of the details from the approval embargoed, but the FCC certificate will still be public knowledge.

If DJI was going to release a new drone or drones in January, we would already know about it. They would have already received FCC approval, and someone would have come across it already. Also, if it became known that a new Mavic Pro or Mavic Air was coming out in January, that would have killed Q4 sales. Also, existing Mavic stock would start to dry up.

With no disrespect to anyone in sales, they are not usually on the frontline for receiving upcoming product information for a highly competitive market. Also that sales person wants to sell you a drone today, not two months from now.

Comparing Apple releases to DJI releases is like, well, comparing apples to oranges. Apple does not need to get FCC approval for a new model of the Macbook Pro. DJI would need to get FCC approval for a new drone model. FCC approvals are public information. A vendor can request a 45 day window to keep some of the details from the approval embargoed, but the FCC certificate will still be public knowledge.

If DJI was going to release a new drone or drones in January, we would already know about it. They would have already received FCC approval, and someone would have come across it already. Also, if it became known that a new Mavic Pro or Mavic Air was coming out in January, that would have killed Q4 sales. Also, existing Mavic stock would start to dry up.

With no disrespect to anyone in sales, they are not usually on the frontline for receiving upcoming product information for a highly competitive market. Also that sales person wants to sell you a drone today, not two months from now.
For my own good, I'm glad that there will be no M2P upgrade- I just bought my first M2P and am anxiously waiting delivery tomorrow!!!

I’m guessing this may be a decent time to buy a M2P. It should be mature with most bugs resolved. If one waits for the next new release whatever it’s called, wouldn’t the smart thing to do would be wait several months for new bug resolution. If so, you may be looking at another years wait. At least that is what I’m telling myself....

I heard(from the voices in my head)that the new "Mavic More" model will have a micro 4/3 sensor,be folding,take interchangeable m4/3 lenses,and have 2 battery docks for a total fly time of 50 minutes.Cost is rumored to be <$3500.Want one?I have to go. The voices are telling me I have to get back to the home?

I heard(from the voices in my head)that the new "Mavic More" model will have a micro 4/3 sensor,be folding,take interchangeable m4/3 lenses,and have 2 battery docks for a total fly time of 50 minutes.Cost is rumored to be <$3500.Want one?I have to go. The voices are telling me I have to get back to the home?

You have voices in your head too? We used to have 7 of us but had to kick one out due to be little bit ummmmmm. Ya. Off. Lol.

Internet is a fantastic room for rumors. I’ve noticed when I was out yesterday and walked around in city and when I was talking loud so everybody around me could here what I was saying. Now it seems that I have 4 followers, two police officers and two men in white coats.?

Reactions: razoraerial
Yeah, I hear voices in my head too especially on a new drone release (buy buy buy). Fortunately, I didn’t get the mini. Did order. Skydio 2, probably my last WiFi drone. Mavic 2 Pro OcuSync 2.0 has me spoiled.
Paul

Looking at the title I was expecting a version of the "A horse walks into a bar"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie