DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soft corners... should I get a warranty replacement? (Photo included)

WingCommander

Reactions
I recently bought a Mini 3 Pro. The f/1.7 lens is showing soft corners which my MP1 never did.

Is this issue worth getting a warranty replacement for or just something I have to live with?

The attached photo is a 400x400 corner crop which has been up-sized to 800x800.

Thanks

Attachments

• DJI_0022-crop.jpg
    DJI_0022-crop.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 168
It's a tiny, wide f/1.7 - it's not going be sharp at the extreme corners like a high-end lens from a DSLR. The MP1 lens is stopped down more to prevent this. The tradeoff is light gathering power. If you are blowing your images up enough to see this, maybe slight crops are the answer.

I recently bought a Mini 3 Pro. The f/1.7 lens is showing soft corners which my MP1 never did.

Is this issue worth getting a warranty replacement for or just something I have to live with?

Thanks
Are all corners blurred?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks
Soft corners? This images is completely out of focus

Reactions: BroomRider
OK, make sure you have removed all small film used to stop scratches in transit, they are in different placeses one on the lens.
You mean this for the OP, correct?

Reactions: mavictk
I just tested our new Mavic3 Enterprise/ RTK unit and was horrified to see that all the sample photos taken in a 2D mapping mission have artificial shadows in all four corners. Please see attached screen-shotted image. I've never seen this before. Any thoughts??

Attachments

• DJI_20221119113842_0042_screenshot.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 21
I just tested our new Mavic3 Enterprise/ RTK unit and was horrified to see that all the sample photos taken in a 2D mapping mission have artificial shadows in all four corners. Please see attached screen-shotted image. I've never seen this before. Any thoughts??
Seems like a problem with the lens/blades, ie misaligned/misplaced so highly vignetting the corners due to blocking the light.

Last edited:
Reactions: PRO1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots