DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software for editing videos besides DJI go 4

Divinci Resolve has a fully functional free version and it’s great. Be warned the learning curve is pretty steep but there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube, might be just what you’re looking for.

Reactions: 280 and DANNY ROMAN
I found Filmora was a good package for entry level. It has a lot of great features at a very reasonable price, plus a lot of online tutorials on youtube. I now use Adobe premiere pro, but you most certainly can get some very good results from Filmora, and the learning curve is nowhere near as bad as Premiere Pro.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Divinci Resolve has a fully functional free version and it’s great. Be warned the learning curve is pretty steep but there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube, might be just what you’re looking for.
Davinci Resolve 6.x is awesome. I use it exclusively; very powerful! Blackmagicdesign.com is where you get it free the studio version costs $299 one time payment. Free has almost all that is in srtudio version.

Reactions: cowboynblkhat
You can try a trial of Adobe premiere cc while your shopping. Adobe.com

The learning curve is moderate but the in program help and Adobe learning videos are super and very much geared to the new user.

If you are looking for much easier try Adobe Rush cc there are apps and also desktop versions. It's a lot like iMovie used to be.

Happy hunting and best of luck.

You can try a trial of Adobe premiere cc while your shopping. Adobe.com

The learning curve is moderate but the in program help and Adobe learning videos are super and very much geared to the new user.

If you are looking for much easier try Adobe Rush cc there are apps and also desktop versions. It's a lot like iMovie used to be.

Happy hunting and best of luck.
With Adobe, you pay and pay and pay as long as you use it. Davinci Resolve you use it free unless you chose the studio version which only has a couple of additional features and it's a one time charge to purchase it. Davinci Resolve is a complete package; you don't need anything else. There are many great YouTube videos on resolve. BlackMagic Design also manufactures great cine cameras which is why they offer Resolve for free or purchase for a one time fee of $299 hoping you might purchase one of their cameras. Check them out Blackmagic Design

Davinci Resolve 6.x is awesome. I use it exclusively; very powerful! Blackmagicdesign.com is where you get it free the studio version costs $299 one time payment. Free has almost all that is in srtudio version.

I went to Blackmagicdesign and d/l Davinci. Tried several times and I would not install. Got several errors. I have a fast machine and SSD drive. Was really looking forward to some editing.

I use VSDC - there is both a paid and free version, a bunch of tutorial videos and a ton of YouTube videos.
HERE is a link to their web to check it out, if you want

With Adobe, you pay and pay and pay as long as you use it. Davinci Resolve you use it free unless you chose the studio version which only has a couple of additional features and it's a one time charge to purchase it. Davinci Resolve is a complete package; you don't need anything else. There are many great YouTube videos on resolve. BlackMagic Design also manufactures great cine cameras which is why they offer Resolve for free or purchase for a one time fee of $299 hoping you might purchase one of their cameras. Check them out Blackmagic Design
Yes and it's worth every dime. There was no need for this comment and added nothing. I get that you would rather pay once for software made by a hardware manufacturer. But it can be flakey and hard to learn. We all have different preferences and requirements. There are reasons why software-as-service makes a lot of sense. Some get it some don't and that's ok. The fact that Adobe had mobile apps as part of their eco system is huge and their software is stable, well supported, and frequently updated based on customer feedback. It may not be for everyone but it's a great deal overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allynne
If you have a qualifying iPad LumaFusion is very nice.
I second that. Used to use iMovie but then discovered LumaFusion. You can even import free LUTs to further improve the color profile of your videos. No turning back for me and the learning curve is not very steep at all.

Here is a combination of old clips from my M2Z, gopro hero 7, and Canon EOS RP - it's not perfect, lots I could improve, but shows some of the functionality of LumaFusion:

Last edited:
I went to Blackmagicdesign and d/l Davinci. Tried several times and I would not install. Got several errors. I have a fast machine and SSD drive. Was really looking forward to some editing.
Turn off your virus checking software before installing when finished installing turn it back on. I'm running Windows 10 AMD Ryzen 7-3700 (8 core 16 thread) 16 gig ram MSI AMD Radeon RX580 Graphics 1 gig m.2 ssd drive. Blackmagic has a forum and the guys on there can /will help with issues you might have.

Turn off your virus checking software before installing when finished installing turn it back on. I'm running Windows 10 AMD Ryzen 7-3700 (8 core 16 thread) 16 gig ram MSI AMD Radeon RX580 Graphics 1 gig m.2 ssd drive. Blackmagic has a forum and the guys on there can /will help with issues you might have.
Also the forum suggests you turn off your firewall while installing Resolve. Then, turn it back on when finished.

Did you ever get Resolve loaded?

I've use Magix (close to Mavic!) for years. It can do complex stuff but also simple edits, adding titles and sound tracks. You can mix videos and digital stills.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes