DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software ???'s for Air 2S

tibadoe

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm ready to hit the purchase button for the Air 2S FMC. I can have it delivered free tomorrow if I order before 4 pm.

But I have a couple questions before I make the purchase. Currently use the GO 4 app for the Spark. But from what I understand, I will need the FLY app for the 2S -- correct??? Or can the GO 4 also be used the 2S???

Plan to use the Mini 4 (OS v15.1} which I only used for flying the drones. So no other programs loaded (except standard apps from factory) with exception of GO 4 , Airmap, UAV Forcast, and B4UFly apps. Currently using 15gb out of 128gb. Not including the addition of the FLY app. Been reading some users are having issues using the Mini 4 but hoping all will be OK.

Any other thing that I need to be aware of???

Last edited:
I'm ready to hit the purchase button for the Air 2S FMC. I can have it delivered free tomorrow if I order before 4 pm.

But I have a couple questions before I make the purchase. Currently use the GO 4 app for the Spark. But from what I understand, I will need the FLY app for the 2S -- correct??? Or can the GO 4 also be used the 2S???

Plan to use the Mini 4 (OS v15.1} which I only used for flying the drones. So no other programs loaded (except standard apps from factory) with exception of GO 4 , Airmap, UAV Forcast, and B4UFly apps. Currently using 15gb out of 128gb. Not including the addition of the FLY app. Been reading some users are having issues using the Mini 4 but hoping all will be OK.

Any other thing that I need to be aware of???
Not familiar with the Mini 4 , But you will need to use the Fly App for the 2S, its a fantastic drone .

Gear to fly your Air 2S in the rain, and Land on Water.
Phantomrain.org

Not familiar with the Mini 4 , But you will need to use the Fly App for the 2S, its a fantastic drone .

Gear to fly your Air 2S in the rain, and Land on Water.
Phantomrain.org
I have the iPad Mini 4 and occasionally use it with the Air 2S...works fine except in high heat temps here in Texas...screen tends to go dark when heated. I mostly use the older Smart Controller with it and LOVE the Air 2S. I also output HDMI from Smart Controller to my old analog FatShark goggles via cable. Cool! Unless you are a dedicated professional, the DJI Air 2S is the one to have, IMHO.

I went from a Spark to a Air 2., the Spark as you noted, uses Go 4.

The DJI Fly is different than Go 4, there are some features that Go 4 had, that are not in Fly.. Course, depending on how you fly, it may not make a difference. There will be a touch of a learning curve using Fly and some videos on using DJI Fly, which are on YouTube, are good, but you'll have to look for a more current videos as the app has evolved to some degree over the past year. Or get your Air 2 S, watch a few beginner guide videos on YT and go for it..

Reactions: tibadoe
The Mini 4 is right on the edge for performance with the Fly app and the Air2S. Most have had messages that the CPU is maxed out and I am sure that the app is not as fluid as it is designed to be using the Mini 4.
Being "striped-down" with just flight apps and all resources at max efficiency (no unwanted apps, etc running) as you have it might make it usable, but it may lag and stutter...
All comments seem to point to the Mini 5 being the least of the Mini's to run the Fly app with the Air2S

Reactions: RGS2010 and tibadoe
Fly has been using more resources as it seems to get more complicated in what it does, older iPhones and iPads are probably not hacking it anymore.. iPad 5 or higher and I am guessing iPhone 10 or higher, though your mileage may vary with older model iPhones.

Just a quick update: Went ahead and purchased the Air 2S. Will be upgrading from the iPad Mini 4 but not exactly sure which way I may go. I do like the bigger screens, but don't need or want another tablet. Kinda like the TRIPLTEC 8 Pro. Don't need another cellular device but I guess I could use just the WiFi like I do on the Mini 4. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Just a quick update: Went ahead and purchased the Air 2S. Will be upgrading from the iPad Mini 4 but not exactly sure which way I may go. I do like the bigger screens, but don't need or want another tablet. Kinda like the TRIPLTEC 8 Pro. Don't need another cellular device but I guess I could use just the WiFi like I do on the Mini 4. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
The Current generation of iPad mini should last quite a while with the A15 Bionic chip in it.. Though they are a touch more expensive then they used to be because that chip and a base memory starting at 64gb, better screen, etc.... However you can potentially get some trade value for the Mini 4 you have.. might be easier than trying to sell it, though a personal sale may always get you a little more if you can find an buyer.

The Current generation of iPad mini should last quite a while with the A15 Bionic chip in it.. Though they are a touch more expensive then they used to be because that chip and a base memory starting at 64gb, better screen, etc.... However you can potentially get some trade value for the Mini 4 you have.. might be easier than trying to sell it, though a personal sale may always get you a little more if you can find an buyer.
Was comparing the iPad Mini 256gb with the TRIPLTEC 8. Now leaning more towards the iPad Mini. It runs OS15 vs OS 10 for TriplTek 8. Cost factor nearly identical for either with Wi-Fi & Cellular. If I go for cellular it will run me $15 month to add a line. The only downside to the Mini is the screen brightness - but I have had not issues with the Mini 4 in regards to this while flying. Would most likely keep the Mini 4's use dedicated to the Spark.

May have to head to Best Buy and see one in person.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike