DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software to Merge Photos Taken in DroneDeploy

ddodell

Reactions
I've been trying the free version of DroneDeploy for fun. After merging the photos in their software, I'm left with this very small sized output.

Is there any software that will merge the multiple pictures just like I would use something like Panorama Studio 3 for my panoramic photos (180 degree) images.

So, if I took multiple images from above, it would merge into a very large image showing everything like a Panoramic photo?

Thanks

David

Is there any software that will merge the multiple pictures just like I would use something like Panorama Studio 3 for my panoramic photos (180 degree) images.
It all depends on your budget...
These kind of software are used in commercial production environments. There are many types of software available depending on your needs.
Start by looking for:
Dronemapper, Agisoft Metashape or IMHO the best, Pix4D.

All above mentioned products offer free trials.

If you are using PC the best one is Microsofts ICE, it's straightforward and easy to use and one of the most accurate and capable of stitching a huge amount of images.

Lightroom, it literally takes less than 5 minutes to upload and stich. It does all the work for you and has 3 different styles of panoramas to choose from

Lightroom, it literally takes less than 5 minutes to upload and stich. It does all the work for you and has 3 different styles of panoramas to choose from

Have you actually created an Orthomosaic image with Lightroom? They are not the typical panoramas its used too, I know apps like Autopano cannot create good quality Orthomosaic images and I would have thought Lightroom would be the same.

Have you actually created an Orthomosaic image with Lightroom? They are not the typical panoramas its used too, I know apps like Autopano cannot create good quality Orthomosaic images and I would have thought Lightroom would be the same.
Microsoft ICE, Lightroom etc are not suitable for creating accurate maps like the software mentioned in post #2

Reactions: DAFlys
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929